PDA

View Full Version : harbor freight 28° framing nailer

Mike Gager
05-30-2009, 4:56 PM
i bought a 28° framing nailer at harbor freight the other day to help with our bedroom remodel. Im very pleased with it it has worked flawlessly so far and the best part is I got it on sale + i had a 20% coupon so it only cost me $55

i looked at all the other brands before buying this one and just couldnt find anything the others had that was worth the extra $200-400

maybe if you were using it all day everyday it would make a difference but for limited hobby use i think its a real bargin

oh yeah HF also offers a replacement warranty that will replace the nailer for any reason even wear and tear for a year for $6 and 2 years for $10

basically if i drop this thing off a roof a year from now they will replace it for free :D

Nick Abbott
05-30-2009, 6:09 PM
Yeah, I use their (HF) 18-gauge brad nailer. I like it better then my Porter Cable 18-gauge so I traded the Porter Cable gun for some work. I got my HF nailer on sale for $13.00! I've replaced it once for free when the loading mechanism fragged on me. The replacement gun has been working fine now for the past couple of years. I am planning on purchasing a wide crown stapler from them next. They do have some decent stuff you just gotta be lucky or careful, I'm not really sure which.

Mike Gager
05-30-2009, 6:30 PM
yeah i actually have the 20 gauge 1/2" crown stapler, 18 gauge brad nailer/stapler, 23 gauge pin nailer and 16 gauge finish nailer as well all have been great. ive fired more then 5000 staples through the 20 gauge stapler without a misfire. not bad for $12

Don Dorn
05-30-2009, 7:28 PM
I've had some HF stuff that's been duds, but the nailers seem to work fine. I have the 23 pin, the 18 gauge brad (works as well as my PC) and a 15 ga finish nailer. The latter doesn't owe me anything because I've used it hard for a number of years. I also have a 4 1/2 angle grider that just won't quit working after 10 years so that I can justify replacing it with a different (bigger) one.

Add to that list a dust collector, Pittsburg tools and some air stuff and I'm happy overall. That said, I needed a hole saw for something and it didn't make it past the first hole. Sandpaper is at best, poor and two different hammer came loose after a single use. There is also no comparision between my Makita biscuit jointer and a friends HF so I'll stick with name brand for power and stationary tools but they are only a mile away - I get there allot.

Rich Engelhardt
05-30-2009, 8:32 PM
Hello,
Glad to hear someone had a good experience w/the HF 28* nailer.
Mine was one of the biggest wastes of $79.00 I ever spent.
A real POS.

Kyle Kraft
05-30-2009, 9:42 PM
Here is a gloat...I picked up a Stanley-Bostitch N80SB-1 28 degree framing nailer from a buddy for $20, gently used with a bit of surface rust on the black oxided parts.

Vinny Miseo
05-31-2009, 1:38 AM
Those of you with the HF 23ga pin nailer; does it countersink the pin? I have used a senco pinner that left the pins above or flush with the surface and it would destroy sand paper...