PDA

View Full Version : I got a present..

Rick Fisher
05-29-2009, 11:37 PM
:D

A couple in the town I live in gave me a present today..

Its a cute little fella..

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m455/jokerbird_photo/P1140333.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m455/jokerbird_photo/P1140332.jpg

I figure it must take batteries.. didn't come with a power cord.

I love getting presents.. :p

glenn bradley
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
You will love that little guy. I sure do use mine a lot. The higher angle blade is worth a look as well; helps to cure that unruly grain when encountered.

Rick Fisher
05-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I actually dont own a plane..

Well.. I do now..

This couple wanted to build there first home.. The husband is a talented woodworker, but most of his stuff is hand tools.. (sans, cord)

So he built his own kitchen, doors, countertops.. everything..

I was in Mexico for a bit in the winter and let him use my shop, just gave him the keys..

When I got home, it was cleaner than when I left.. :rolleyes: I thought that was a pretty good deal ..

Anyhow.. they bought me this little plane.. I thought it was really nice ..

He said " I was building my doors.. and I started looking for a plane.. "..

Anyhow.. I figure we have bandaids in the house.. so I may as well give it a whirl..

Jim Kountz
05-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Nice tool and what a friend to give you something like that. Once you get used to using it you wont be able to live without it!!

Steve Rozmiarek
05-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Careful with that thing! They have a tendacy to multiply rapidly. Thats a handy one to have around.

Larry Edgerton
05-30-2009, 7:34 AM
Cool! I can't believe with all of the awesome tools that you have that you did not have a plane! That is a great plane to get used to them with, very easy learning curve.

I was amazed how many carpenters I hired had never had a plane, or a sharp chisel. It is common now if it can't be done with a corded tool that it doesn't fit any better than what it is. You will come to a point I suspect that that tool is always within reach.

At Christmas every year I bought my guys hand tools, first year was an engraved Leigh Neilson low angle block, second year a pair of Japanese hand forged chisels, and so on.....

Some of the guys got it and took care of their tools, and others never did and their tools became rusty, dull chunks of iron.

The guys with the sharp tools were the last ones laid off........

I suspect you will have a new addiction. ;)