PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
05-29-2009, 6:41 AM
Friday May 29, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Wow, seems hard to believe that we're at the end of May already.

We've had some much needed rain. Today is supposed to be in the low to mid 70's with sun, so I'm headed to the golf course and see how well I can hit that little white ball.

Not much happening around here this weekend. Maybe mow the lawn and try to get started on my next project. I surely don't lack for projects, just have to figure out which has more importance.

So, what's happening in your part of the world? Still working on a project or ready to start a new one?

Whatever you're up to I hope you have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl

John Towns
05-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Having recently completed 2 lowboys (#1 for daughter, #2 for wife) my weekend will be spent doing some much needed shop maintenance...cleaning, rearranging, sharpening...stuff like that.

Not too exciting but rewarding.

John

Matt Brawley
05-29-2009, 1:50 PM
I will be going an picking up my "new" used Unisaw and router table on Saturday and hopefully will have the time to wire the 220v circuit for it. Then I will be breaking it in and setting it up on Sunday.

Jim O'Dell
05-29-2009, 4:34 PM
Glasses broke last night, so a trip to the Eye Masters. Thankfully, they are still in warranty, for 2 more weeks.;)
I'm going to mow, then try to get a lawn tractor I've had, in storage, for 4 years working. It's been in my storage shed next to the shop all this time. When I looked at it last week, it was obvious that the oppossums had made the shed their new hang out, and there were droppings all over. Too big to be rats....at least I hope. :eek: Plus the wife let the dogs out at 3 am today, and they cornered a young one in the poop container. Guess it thought it could hide there and the smell would throw the dogs off it's trail.
After that, or when I get frustrated, whichever occurs first, I'll get the blower up on the roof to blow off all the pecan tree "flowers". They really make a mess and dam up in the valleys.
Be safe and have a great weekend! Jim.

Rob Cunningham
05-29-2009, 4:53 PM
I'll be picking up 2 lathes this weekend for my shop. One is a Delta 12" x 40", the other is a Vega bowl lathe model 2400. Both machines are from the 80's but in good condition. Found them on Craigslist for a very attractive price.
I guess I'll be mowing the grass too.

Myk Rian
05-29-2009, 6:06 PM
Our neighborhood is having the annual beach cleanup this weekend, so Saturday is shot.
Been sharpening screw drivers and chisels the last several days, so I hope to finish that chore.

Fred Voorhees
05-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I am hoping to split up a bunch of firewood that I acquired a few weeks ago from our own Jim Becker. It has been patiently waiting for me to finish up propagating my numerous hostas (which Jim benefitted from with lots of little varigated and non varigated tykes) and mulching the multitudes of hosta beds all around my property. Need to get in the shop to find a space for lots of recycled pine that someone gave me a few weeks ago. And I will also be spraying the finish on some door and window trim that will complete a pantry opening at our sons home when I get out there to install it. After two weeks AWOL - I hope to get back to the dirt track stock car races at New Egypt Speedway.

Andy Bardowell
05-29-2009, 11:25 PM
News & Doin's
Former presidents Bush and Clinton hanging in Toronto. Blue Jays finally break out of their 9 game slump against Mr. Wakefield the guy who started it all, thanks Tom. I'm trying to finish some cabinets for the wife's sister, she's just changed the door style midstream, aaaarg!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Mow and trim the yard.....

Continue working on the table I'm making for my wife.