PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Bat

Steve Mellott
05-28-2009, 7:02 PM
Has anyone here ever turned a baseball bat? If so, how did you "label" it with the trademark? Did you use a woodburner, Sharpie pen, laser engraver, branding iron, or something else? Does anyone make a tool that is designed just for this application? Thanks.

Steve

Al Wasser
05-29-2009, 10:16 AM
I turned one for my grandson who is a baseball nut. I was able to locate a local fellow who had could engrave it for only $8. You might start by checking the local yellow pages for places that do trophys. I did not think I could do a decent job myself, maybe you can.

Toney Robertson
05-29-2009, 1:02 PM
Has anyone here ever turned a baseball bat? If so, how did you "label" it with the trademark? Did you use a woodburner, Sharpie pen, laser engraver, branding iron, or something else? Does anyone make a tool that is designed just for this application? Thanks.

Steve

Steve,

My great nephew and I made a bat last year. It was a lot of fun. I made the logo on the computer and then printed it on label paper. I then stuck the label on transfer paper (basically carbon paper). After trimming I used tape to hold the logo in place on the bat. I went over the logo with a pencil which transfered the logo to the bat. I then had Derek use a wood burner to make it permanent.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/iublue/Misc/112-1246_IMG.jpg

Toney

John Fricke
05-29-2009, 4:51 PM
Just an idea......Find someone with a cnc router or maybe a laser would work......Have them make you a template that you can use a woodburning tip in.