PDA

View Full Version : I'm evil!!! - way OT

Dan Mages
08-16-2004, 11:55 AM
My boss's birthday will be on Wednesday and my coworkers and I are going to have fun at his expense. I have 3 gross of green balloons that we are going to use to fill his 8x8 cubicle to the top!! Muahahahahaha!! This is going to be fun!

Dan

John Miliunas
08-16-2004, 1:22 PM
Dan, that DOES sound like fun! :D I can only assume you guys are using one or more compressors to do the filling? There's still gonna' be some sore fingers to be had after tying off that many balloons! :) Have phun! :cool:

Tyler Howell
08-16-2004, 1:25 PM
Yes Dan You are evil, Sounds like a good boss to recieve such treatment.;)

Wes Bischel
08-16-2004, 1:55 PM
Yes Dan you are evil - I like it. Just make sure you leave enough time - it takes quite some time to fill all those balloons. Also, per John's point, there are clips available to close off the balloon ends usually available where you buy party supplies etc. Speeds things up as well.

Good luck, Wes

I think we'll need pictures of the final project. :D

Dennis Peacock
08-16-2004, 3:35 PM
Don't forget to use clear tape to tape the phone receiver down, remove the ball from the computers mouse, switch a couple of keys around on the keyboard (they just pop off and snap on) as well as put a piece of firmly pressed scotch tape on the middle of the computer screen and wipe the prints from it. In the right conditions, it's not really seen to well until they just can't see very well around the middle of the screen. Turn the screen's birghtness all the way down, slightly disconnect the network cable so that it will almost make a connection.

I could go on and on about this.!!! :eek: :D

Chris Padilla
08-16-2004, 4:25 PM
Back in college we used to fill up dorm rooms with newspaper! Talk about black hands when we were done with crumpling up all that newspaper!

Brian Austin
08-16-2004, 6:22 PM
I'm a chronic practical joker. I can receive as well as I give, though, so it's all in fun. Fun sounds (like body noises, Homer Simpson, etc.) are one of my favorites to do to the unsuspecting.

My best one to date is the Computer Screen from Hell:

1. When the Target has left their computer logged in but walked away, go to his/her desk. This takes a few minutes (practice speeds it up) so make sure you're not caught.

2. Minimize all of the active applications so you're looking at the Target's desktop. Take a screenshot (Print Screen in XP).

3. Open Microsoft Paint and paste the screenshot into Paint. Save the file as a bitmap somewhere. Remember where, you'll need it in a few minutes. Close Paint.

4. Right-click on the desktop. Go to Arrange Icons by and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons". All of the desktop icons should disappear.

5. Go down to the taskbar, right-click and uncheck "Lock Taskbar" (if it isn't already). Drag the taskbar to the right side of the screen, then slide it into the edge of the screen by positioning mouse over the edge until you see the arrows, hold left mouse button down and drag it to the right.

At this point you should have an empty screen.

6. Right-click on the background, go to Properties and click on the Desktop tab. Click the 'Browse' button and find the Paint file you saved earlier. Load it as the background.

At this point, the background should look EXACTLY like it did before you started...but you can't click ANYTHING since it's not really there.

FYI, some people get very frustrated and reboot their computer with the reset button. One guy I did this to did it six times before his neighbor started crying he was laughing so hard. I took pity and fixed it.

Incidentally, this has a benefit: I kept going after these guys to lock down their computers when they walked away. Too many security issues from an unlocked desktop. A couple of my pranks and ta-da! No more security issues there!:D

Dan Mages
08-16-2004, 6:51 PM
Don't forget to use clear tape to tape the phone receiver down, remove the ball from the computers mouse, switch a couple of keys around on the keyboard (they just pop off and snap on) as well as put a piece of firmly pressed scotch tape on the middle of the computer screen and wipe the prints from it. In the right conditions, it's not really seen to well until they just can't see very well around the middle of the screen. Turn the screen's birghtness all the way down, slightly disconnect the network cable so that it will almost make a connection.

I could go on and on about this.!!! :eek: :D

Oh yeah... He is due for a new computer this week. We are going to pull his current one on tuesday night and replace it with a typewriter. We are going to leave a note on it stating that due to corporate cutbacks, the typewriter is his replacement.

Dan :D

Wes Bischel
08-16-2004, 6:52 PM
Brian,

That's too good! Definitely one I'll need to try - or pass on to a friend :D

Another one: use a hypodermic like glue applicator (prior to use!) fill with water and inject the target's chair cushion - nothing shows on the seat until they sit down. :eek: Especially good just before a meeting. ;)

Wes

Terry Quiram
08-16-2004, 7:34 PM
Don't forget the upside down coffee cup filled with paper punches.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-16-2004, 8:14 PM
Brian, I was ON THE FLOOR after reading the Screen thing. Man, that is just TOO darn funny! I read this post to the LOML and LOML-ette, and we all 3 were just ROLLING! Man, I cannot WAIT to get to work tomorrow............that is PRECIOUS Brian, simply precious! :D

Dan Mages
08-16-2004, 9:20 PM
Yes Dan you are evil - I like it. Just make sure you leave enough time - it takes quite some time to fill all those balloons. Also, per John's point, there are clips available to close off the balloon ends usually available where you buy party supplies etc. Speeds things up as well.

Good luck, Wes

I think we'll need pictures of the final project. :D

I will see if I can sneak a camera into the office. No need to worry about blowing up the balloons. I have already inlated 50ish with my 1 gallon compressor (its good for something). There are five others at the office who are going to help inflate the balloons. But it will be a wonderful gag!!

Dan

Mark Stutz
08-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Dan,
I was once the recipient of that same stunt! Very effective :D However, I got back by slowly and unexpectedly popping one whenever they weren't looking or expecting it, so I got the last laugh! ;)

Ed Falis
08-17-2004, 2:18 PM
Incidentally, this has a benefit: I kept going after these guys to lock down their computers when they walked away. Too many security issues from an unlocked desktop. A couple of my pranks and ta-da! No more security issues there!:D

Brian,

Only someone in IS could have come up with such a devilish scheme!

- Ed

Chad Young
08-17-2004, 2:36 PM
Brian,

That is one of the funiest things I have read in a long time. Can't wait to try it out here at work.

Paul Downes
08-17-2004, 5:05 PM
You wouldn't be thinking of perhaps putting confetti in some of those ballons would you? :eek: I inherited the prankster gene from my grandfather. Does the boss have a thin drawer that opens over the chair opening of his desk? One can tape a sheet of paper under the drawer piled with stuff in such a way that when he opens the drawer all kinds of small items will dump onto his lap. Some drawers can even be turned upside down so that when opened...... :D I love booby traps.

Tyler Howell
08-17-2004, 6:11 PM
I think you all are evil, Just make sure you get some Pix!;)

Dan Mages
08-18-2004, 8:30 AM
Here is a sneak peek... And we are not even close to done yet... one more gross to go!!

John Miliunas
08-18-2004, 8:33 AM
Gee, I hope your boss doesn't intend on getting any actual WORK done today! :D You guys are BAD! :eek: I love it!!! :D :cool:

Dan Mages
08-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Here is the final pic....

Kurt Aebi
08-18-2004, 1:06 PM
Awesome!

Kinda reminds me of that picture circulating around the internet with the cubicle full of pink peanuts!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 7:14 PM
That's WAY to FUNNY and cool!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics.....