PDA

View Full Version : Braggin' on my kid.

Tony Sade
08-16-2004, 8:52 AM
Some of you might remember a thread I posted not to long ago asking whether it would be a good idea to let my 16 year old use my credit card for certain purchase or whether I should try a different approach. (Thread is here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10906). I decided to simply put money in his checking account and let him use his checks or debit card.

Well--my birthday was this weekend and after all the presents had been unwrapped (including the picture of the BW edge sander I bought myself :D ), he coyly says "whoops, almost forgot one".) A couple of weeks ago while installing some speakers in the shop so I could have some serious tunes, I mentioned that I was thinking of putting a TV in as well. So what's in the box he lugs downstairs? Yup-a brand new 19" TV, purchased entirely with his own hard-earned money, from his very first real job. I was speechless for more than a couple of minutes. Now I can watch the Olympics 24 hours a day!

Whatta guy! :D :D

Tyler Howell
08-16-2004, 9:06 AM
They really surprise you sometime don' t they Tony. Good to know you trained em right.;)

Paul Smith
08-16-2004, 9:33 AM
Great brag on the kid! Not too shabby a brag for the parent either!!

John Miliunas
08-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Tony, you certainly have braggin' rights on this one! :D Sounds like you have a GREAT son there, and it directly reflects on his upbringing! BTW, happy belated B-day! :) Enjoy the games, football, PBS, etc..... :cool: