PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic Artisian Planer

Harold Shay
05-27-2009, 3:55 PM
I have an oppertunity to purchase a powermatic 15 inch artisian thickness planer for $600. I have tried to find a description of this machine. I was told it was aprox. 10 years old. Is this a good machine in general? Thanks for all your help.

Bruce Page
05-27-2009, 4:45 PM
If the “Artisian” is the same as the PM15 then yes, it’s a pretty good machine and that's a pretty good price. I have a ~10 year old PM15 and it has been trouble free.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-27-2009, 7:57 PM
Don know nuthin 'bout that machine but. words like "professional" shore do scare the beegeeebus outta me. Artisan do too.

There's sumpin wrong about a company abusing the language to try and put on airs.

David Eisan
05-27-2009, 9:36 PM
I have an oppertunity to purchase a powermatic 15 inch artisian thickness planer for $600. I have tried to find a description of this machine. I was told it was aprox. 10 years old. Is this a good machine in general? Thanks for all your help.

Back in the 90's when companies didn't try to blur what was made where, Artisan in Powermatic speak, meant not made in the USA. All kinds of things in their catalogue ended in "A" meaning Asian.

David.

Rick Fisher
05-27-2009, 9:50 PM
Does Powermatic make anything in the USA anymore?

Much of the stuff sold by Powermatic seems to be available from General as well. Seems they have just become an importer of machinery.

Harold Shay
05-28-2009, 1:21 AM
Thank you for you help. I have found the Atrisian model in a contractor style table saw, but cannot find a planer.