PDA

View Full Version : Delta-Rockwell Unisaw Help request -

Dell Moore
05-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi folks,
Feel a little stupid having to ask this, but here it goes...

I've got a new-old unisaw, and have a somewhat odd question for you.

Seems there is only one wrench to remove the bolt off the arbor to change the saw blade. I though perhaps I had somehow lost or misplaced the thing when I moved the saw. However, when I went to look up the part number to figure out what to do about getting a new one, one the closed wrench for removing the bolt was listed.

Am I missing something? Is there some way to lock the arbor on a unisaw I am unfamiliar with? Or am I just suppsed to use a 1/2 wrench (or whatever the size is).

Thanks for the help!

Dell

Paul Steiner
05-27-2009, 10:53 AM
I take a piece of wood and gently put leverage on the teeth of the blade against the direction the nut needs to turn. Remember your saw was built before we fancy saws with locking arbors.

David Christopher
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I take a piece of wood and gently put leverage on the teeth of the blade against the direction the nut needs to turn. Remember your saw was built before we fancy saws with locking arbors.

Dell, I do the same thing that Paul does but wood working stores sell a thing that grips the blade while you loosen the nut.....looks like it would be easier the the wood block

Dell Moore
05-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Dang, as soon as you guys mentioned this, memory came flooding back. I'd forgotten all about this option.

Thanks guys,

Dell