PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of digital cameras...

Kelly C. Hanna
08-15-2004, 5:35 PM
I had to buy another one Friday. Seems the wife had booked time all day with our little Nikon Cool Pix, so I veered onto the web and checked out the usual suspects at Comp USA and Best Buy.

Found a decent Fuji ($99) and only one in stock at Walnut Hill here in Dallas. Off I went to get it. I had to be in Blue Ridge Texas (60 miles NE) to take pics and pick up a check. The pergola was finished (biggest one I've ever built) and I didn't wanna make another trip up there.

Got to BB and they were out of stock (the webpage lied), so I went next door to see is CU had anything cheap. I found a $399 Olympus that had been on display and was missing a cord (TV cord, I never use that) for $159!!http://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/eek.gif

Instantly I started getting my wallet ready...aftrer a few minutes wait for them to try it out and see that it worked, get me a new card reader that takes all media and a new Smart Media card, I bounded out the door a happy new owner for less than $210!!

Combined with the Makita router and Dremel score this last week, I am a happy camper!

Tony Falotico
08-15-2004, 6:40 PM
Hey Kelly, I got the Camedia C-4000, 4.0 pixel, probably the next generation after yours. It has been a super fine camera and takes awesome pic's, and does it all automatically. We have some (old) Kodaks and some newer Sony's at work, the Olympus Camedia beats them up without even breaking a sweat (IMHO).

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.......

Kelly C. Hanna
08-16-2004, 9:59 PM
That's great to know Tony, thanks for telling me. I am very happy with the camera.

Aaron Montgomery
08-17-2004, 8:00 AM
Nice camera - Mom has the 740 or 750 and it takes excellent pictures. I finally had to break down and order a new camera to replace my ancient Olympus D-360 1.3. A new A75 should arrive in the mail today.

Enjoy your camera!

Dave Dionne
08-17-2004, 1:58 PM
We just got a new A75 at work for my department just to document set up and such. Nice little camera.

Dave

Tyler Howell
08-17-2004, 2:52 PM
I bought the C5000 Big O Just before Xmas. Just like tools much of the art is in the hand and eye of the shooter. Seen an improvement in my photos with taking a lot of shots with different settings and lighting. Thank goodness for digital and erasing the mistakes!!!:o
Really a great toyl and indispensible at work.
Enjoy;)

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2004, 7:08 PM
Congrats Kelly! Bought my wife an Olympus a year ago! She loves it! I'm sure you will too!