PDA

View Full Version : Back....

Eric Larsen
05-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I haven't visited the creek in MONTHS. Mainly because I've been fighting with a lot of simultaneous projects, and the last thing I've wanted to do at the end of the day was read/talk about woodworking.

I just put the first stain coat on a nice built-in entertainment center. All that's left to do in the walk in closet is band the edges.

Now that things have mellowed out, I think I can stop by occasionally.

Jim Rimmer
05-27-2009, 9:07 PM
Welcome back. I'm fairly new to SMC so I didn't know you but new opinions are always fun to read.

Rob Russell
05-27-2009, 9:22 PM
Eric,

Nice to have you back.

Rob
SMC Mod

Eric Larsen
05-27-2009, 9:51 PM
The other problem with SMC is this place is EXPENSIVE. I've only been back one day, and I've already dropped $200 on a dovetail jig.

Must. Exercise. Self. Control.

Jim Becker
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Eric, just think if you had not just a woodworking shop to feed, but also a horse named Elvis that insists on having nice things, not to mention the 4 people who are riding him. LOL

Welcome back!

Eric Larsen
05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Hey Jim! (and Rob! (from the town next door from my home town of Vernon)). (Edit: And Jim! The new guy I don't know yet. But I'm sure I will!)

I think another problem is I haven't been doing any "sexy" projects. Closets and entertainment centers are necessary items, and my neighbors' jaws drop when they see the work. But I think the next project is going to be just for me -- The workbench from ShopNotes #84.

I wonder how much vertical-grain douglas fir is running these days.....