PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt 735 Replacment

Chuck Isaacson
05-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I have been looking around for a new Dewalt 735 planer. I noticed that a lot of people are getting them at clearance prices. Has anyone heard anything about a new planer from Dewalt? Is there going to be one? Should I wait for something new? Any info would be good. Thanks.

Chuck

Chuck Isaacson
05-27-2009, 8:38 PM
Anything?

Chuck

Mike Henderson
05-27-2009, 8:56 PM
I haven't heard anything about a new planer, but that's not unusual. I'm always the last to hear anything.

Mike

Loren Blount
05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
I haven't seen any clearance pricing at my local sellers, but thats nothing new. The last time I looked these planers were $600+. Unless you need the portability (DW's weigh about 95lbs) for about $300 more you can get a 15'' Grizzly that is about 4 times the planer IMO. I say that from experience as I have owned both. My DW735 had stock feeding problems and suffered for poor blade life, again IMO I didn't think it was as good as the 12" Delta I had before it. Just my .02 One good thing is that they sell used on Craigslist fast if you don't like it.

Loren

Vic Damone
05-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Clearance prices? The price increase was my window. After two years of 735 ownership I sold mine for $10 less than I paid for it. On the other hand I paid for a set of those fine DeWalt planer blades, not counting the set DeWalt sent out just for my whining.

Tom Seaman
05-28-2009, 8:32 AM
The guy at Home Depot told me they were putting the 735s on clearance because HD was not going to carry them anymore, not because DeWalt was putting out a new model.

Apparently, Home Depot and Lowe's are moving towards carrying brands/items exclusive to them. He mentioned Milwaukee as another brand. I noticed in my area, HD carries Jorgensen clamps, Lowes has Besseys.