PDA

View Full Version : DVD Update

Bill Grumbine
08-15-2004, 4:39 PM
Good afternoon all

A long time ago I posted asking for interest in a turning DVD with me as the star of the show. I got a very good response, and I am writing now to say that the whole thing is a go, and I will be filming the end of this week at a top secret location in MD. It is top secret so we will not be mobbed by hordes of screaming fans! ;) Yeah, and if you believe that one...

Actually I am expecting the attendance of several former students who will strive to keep me honest and humble in front of the camera. More updates to follow when there is something to tell.

Bill

Jack Hogoboom
08-15-2004, 4:54 PM
Bill,

Good luck this week. I hope I didn't screw you up to badly yesterday.

I'm still expecting an autographed copy!!

Jack

Mark Hulette
08-15-2004, 5:01 PM
Congrats, Bill!

Wow- that's a nice accomplishment and I know the end product will meet or exceed your high standard of quality. I look forward to checking it out... think it will be at BlockBuster anytime soon? :)

I can see it now: You'll have to move from the 5 Barnes Complex to Hollywood to cut down on the Lear jet expenses due to your high demand (I wonder if there are many barnes in Malibu? :confused: ). There'll be huge call for the Bill Grumbine autograph model of the Legacy mill along with new Husqvarna 60" V8 powered chainsaw personally endorsed by you... the possibilities are endless!!! Look out, Norm!!!

Hope you know I'm just funnin' ya ;)

Seriously, congrats again. It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

What will you be focusing on? Beginning turning, spindle, bowl or what?

Lars Thomas
08-15-2004, 5:48 PM
Good like with that, Bill. I'm sure it will be great. Any chance that top secret location is Owings Mills (home of Maryland Public TV)?

Jim Ketron
08-15-2004, 7:04 PM
Sounds great Bill!
I would like to get a copy when you get them ready!
Jim

Tom Mullane
08-15-2004, 7:21 PM
I will be at the filming... and intend to bring my Nikon on the absolutely rare occurance that I can catch a Bill Grumbine Blooper... the kind that does not make the DVD.. LOL....

Dennis Peacock
08-15-2004, 7:31 PM
Just add me to the "I want one list". :)

John Miliunas
08-15-2004, 7:44 PM
Just add me to the "I want one list". :)

Ditto! :D But, seeing as the possiblities of my actually getting to meet Bill in person, I definitely *NEED* mine autographed! :cool:

Pete Harbin
08-15-2004, 9:37 PM
We can all see the headlines now. Have a good time in the making Bill. I'm sure it will be top notch.

Pete

Jim Becker
08-15-2004, 9:57 PM
Bill, this sounds like fun and exciting time for you. Best wishes on the filming and I'm looking forward to viewing the results! (And adding "you" to my library... :D)

Charles McKinley
08-15-2004, 9:58 PM
Will the pink tutu make the credits????? :D

Brad Schmid
08-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Congratulations and good luck on the filming Bill. When they're ready, let us know how we can get our hands on the final product. I'm looking forward to it!

Brad

Anthony Yakonick
08-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Can I come and heckle you? :cool:

Jason Roehl
08-16-2004, 8:59 AM
That's good to hear, Bill!! I hope the trip and filming all goes well and smooth for you! I guess I'll have to start putting the DVD into my budget...

Aaron Koehl
08-16-2004, 9:34 AM
Sounds great Bill--

So when are you going to set up a web cam like Norm?
The "Bill Cam" has a nice ring to it, unlike the spam I keep getting in my email. :D

John M. Cioffi
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Oh,Boy!!

Now I won't have to travel ALL the way to Penn. for a lesson or two! I just pop in my BG-DVD & learn-to-turn, right at home.
Hope everything works out well for you & the project.
Everybody get ready for another monthly give-away.....

John

Ken Fitzgerald
08-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Congrats Bill! In the future SMCers will be able to say...."We knew him when he was just husband, woodworker and SMCer....." :eek: :D From the photos I've seen of your place....a limo might seem out of place..... :eek: :D I'm not a turner right now....plans for the future....I'd sure be interested in the final project!

Bill Grumbine
08-16-2004, 8:34 PM
Thanks everyone, for the kind words and encouragement! The Poolewood is loaded in the truck, strapped down, and ready to go. The shop looks really strange, with nothing but a big pile of shavings where the lathe used to be. I also managed to bonk my head several times on my lighting fixture while walking around in the space where the lathe sits.

Just a few last minute things to do and I am on my way tomorrow!

Bill

Jack Hogoboom
08-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Godspeed, Bill. We're all pulling for you.

Jack

Mark Mandell
08-17-2004, 8:42 AM
Hey Bill,

If you run short of heckelers, just give a call; I'm not that far away :D

Mark