PDA

View Full Version : Shutters

Peter Stahl
05-26-2009, 2:24 PM
I've got to remove my Shutters, wife says she'll paint them if I take them down. Never removed shutters, these are the plastics one like the type they sell at the big box stores. Looks like the easy lock fasteners they use have to be cut off. Do they sell these or do you guys just use screws to rehang them?

David G Baker
05-26-2009, 2:35 PM
The Borgs sell a clip type device, that usually come with the shutters. The guy that once owned my house installed used shutters that he purchased from a garage sale, he used nails to hang them. The nails aren't as pretty as the clip fasteners but they work fine. (not sure if the word clip accurately describes the fastener)
Be careful when you remove the shutters because stinging critters love to make nests behind them.

Peter Stahl
05-26-2009, 3:00 PM
The Borgs sell a clip type device, that usually come with the shutters. The guy that once owned my house installed used shutters that he purchased from a garage sale, he used nails to hang them. The nails aren't as pretty as the clip fasteners but they work fine. (not sure if the word clip accurately describes the fastener)
Be careful when you remove the shutters because stinging critters love to make nests behind them.

Wish they had the clips. Mine have 6 holes in them where the easy lock fasteners which looks like a large plastic nail with ridges were.

James Jaragosky
05-26-2009, 4:04 PM
Wish they had the clips. Mine have 6 holes in them where the easy lock fasteners which looks like a large plastic nail with ridges were.
A local siding supply should have the fasteners you need in the colors you want.

David G Baker
05-26-2009, 4:12 PM
Peter,
The clips were the Easy Lock Fasteners, just couldn't think of what they were called. Didn't know that there were 6 of them, mine are fastened with 4 nails.
I agree with James about a local siding supplier having what you need.

Peter Stahl
05-26-2009, 5:51 PM
Thanks James & David!