PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Battery

Chris Padilla
05-26-2009, 10:51 AM
So my wife's RAZR needs a new battery. The original is a Motorola branded BR50. This will be a second replacement, replacment#2. In other words, I have already replaced the original Motorola battery that came with the phone but it, replacement#1, didn't last anywhere near as long as the Motorola original.

I'd like to find something on par with the original. Googling this yields about a 100 sites selling batteries and prices are all over the map.

Has anyone found good batteries that are on par with the originals? Pass 'em on to me...gracias! :D

Brad Wood
05-26-2009, 2:07 PM
I don't know brands much for aftermarket batteries. I do know you want to look for Lithium Ion versus the cheaper NiCad

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-26-2009, 3:42 PM
Go back to the source where ya got the cell phone.

I believe they should be changed yearly.

Craig Coney
05-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Also check the mAH (capacity) ratings, as this will affect how long you can go between charges also. The same package can have different ratings. The higher mAH rating, the better. I usually go to amazon and find one of the accessory dealers doing OEM bulk replacements, but you can order 2-3 with shipping and pay less than you would for one locally.

Ed Hazel
05-27-2009, 12:57 AM
I had a razr phone and the battery got to the point it would only hold a charge for about 12 hours, I took the battery out for about 30 min while looking for replacement batteries on line and low and behold the next day it held a charge for a couple of days and worked fine after that. My brother also had the same razr phone and had the same battery issue he also removed the battery for about 30 min and that fixed his batt issue also.