PDA

View Full Version : How do you display your work?

Mike Minto
05-26-2009, 7:47 AM
Here are a couple of shelves I designed and built to display some of my smaller pieces. Show how you have your work up in your house. Mike

Dick Sowa
05-26-2009, 8:18 AM
My wife claims that every flat surface in the house is covered with my bowls. I guess that is sorta like a display :)

Bernie Weishapl
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
My wife claims that every flat surface in the house is covered with my bowls. I guess that is sorta like a display :)

Dick my wife says the same thing. She tells her friends that every nook and cranny has some type of woodturning in it.:D;)

Mike the shelves look good. I like the way they have a open look to them.

Scott Conners
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I really like the design of the shelves on the left. How big is the wood connecting the shelves? Is it the thickness of that wood that holds the shelves up?

Mike Minto
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Scott, the 'supporting' wood is Oak, about 1" square in cross section and routed to be round(ish) in front. I cut a dado thru it, and glued each shelf into the half-thickness cut. It does lend an airy, open feeling to the display. Mike :)

Richard Madison
05-26-2009, 1:35 PM
Like the others, my stuff just sits around the house on nearly every available horizontal surface. My wife has even suggested putting some of her stuff away to make more room for mine, but I cannot go along with that. Her stuff is just as "important" as mine.

alex carey
05-26-2009, 1:42 PM
My stuff also sits everyone throughout the house.