PDA

View Full Version : Real of Photo shop?

James Jaragosky
05-26-2009, 2:04 AM
Gravity would seem to make some of these impossible without the help of photo shop. http://en.my7475.com/889.html
What do you think?

mike holden
05-26-2009, 9:16 AM
James,
Try a trip through Utah, Goblin Valley, Devils Garden, etc will show you lots of these types of formations. Look closely at any pictures of Bryce Canyon - the ranger there explained it as "the top rock, or "cap rock" protects the lower, softer rocks from erosion. When the "cap rock" falls, then the rest of the column erodes away in a matter of a few years."
Lots of formations like these, add rock arches and Arches National Park to the list as well.
No photoshop here, just the natural handiwork of Mother Nature.
Mike

David G Baker
05-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I agree with Mike, no PhotoShop involved.

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-26-2009, 3:48 PM
They may not have fallen down in the last year or so ~ ~ ~ ~ but I''d not be found underneath anything like that.

No-sir-ee-uuu-bobby

Mitchell Andrus
05-26-2009, 4:07 PM
[QUOTE=Cliff Rohrabacher;1141784

No-sir-ee-uuu-bobby[/QUOTE]

LOL, LOL... me too.

Jeff Bratt
05-26-2009, 4:52 PM
The formations are real, I've seen and photographed some of the ones pictured. They are often surrounded by rocks that have already "tumbled", and they will fall down eventually. But they are quite heavy and the weight, or pushing strength, of a person is negligible compared the the mass of the rock. They have usually persisted in this state for hundreds of years (or longer, depending on the rock material), and are not going to fall on you today - probably.

James Jaragosky
05-26-2009, 5:41 PM
The formations are real, I've seen and photographed some of the ones pictured. They are often surrounded by rocks that have already "tumbled", and they will fall down eventually. But they are quite heavy and the weight, or pushing strength, of a person is negligible compared the the mass of the rock. They have usually persisted in this state for hundreds of years (or longer, depending on the rock material), and are not going to fall on you today - probably.
Famous last words:)

Karl Brogger
05-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Hmm, suppose the natives went here for fertility issues?
http://www.my7475.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/my747509052209.jpg