PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you own the Harbor Freight wet grinder?

Jarrod McGehee
05-25-2009, 5:04 PM
It's the one that is similar to the Tormek and I was wondering if any of you have tried it because it's only $110 compared to a Tormek price. Let me know how it works if you've tried it. Thanks

Burt Alcantara
05-25-2009, 6:27 PM
Similar in appearance only. I had the Grizzly version. Had to send it back because there were too many things wrong with it. There are some members who have had good luck with the Griz. I believe the HF and Griz are about the same price. The Griz is made in Germany by Scheppach or something like that.

Bernie Weishapl
05-25-2009, 7:47 PM
Brother had one and wouldn't waste my time or money. His went belly up in 2 months and the second one in 3 months so he just got his money back and bit the bullet. I used his Tormek liked it so well so I bought one.

scott spencer
05-25-2009, 8:05 PM
Can't comment from experience on the Tormek, Jet, HF, or Griz, but can tell you that the Scheppach works well.

cliff smith
05-25-2009, 10:06 PM
i have had the HF model for about 6 months or so use for turning tools mostly works well for me.

Jarrod McGehee
05-26-2009, 1:39 AM
thanks for the help guys. I saw it one day when I was browsing in there so I figured I might as well ask all of you and see how you liked it.

John Beaver
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I have the HF.
The wheel wasn't perfectly round when I got it, but a little dressing and now it works fine.

Mark Hix
05-26-2009, 6:32 PM
I have had one for about 8 months. It works fine for me. I could not afford one of the Tormeks. I bought it on sale with a coupon for $69.

Selling point: I periodically sharpen the kitchen knives....not many tools work in both the shop and the kitchen!