PDA

View Full Version : PhotoGrav Help

Kimberly Connor
05-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I am currently out of town and needed a small image run through PhotoGrav for an anodized aluminum membership card. Can anyone help me with this? The size should be 0.55 inches in the final saved version.

If someone could just run this through there for me really quick I shouldn't need anything special done to it.

Thanks for your help!!! Have a great Memorial Day!

Kim

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/kbconnor/eagle-1.jpg

Frank Corker
05-25-2009, 3:47 PM
Kimberley, bit of a silly post really, unless you say what type of laser you are using we have to guess. You also need to know if it is reverse polarity or positive polarity. Your image isn't that great!

I have put one of each (negative goes onto dark positive onto lighter material) at the size that you posted.

I have also put one of both (neg and pos) and marked them 'point 55 inch' just in case it is the whole image and not just the bird that needs to be done at that size.

Hopefully covered everything.

Kimberly Connor
05-25-2009, 4:18 PM
Thank you for your help! I forgot to say that I am using a Pinnacle ZX Series 40 watt. It is on bright bronze anodized aluminum so I will see which one works the best.

I REALLY appreciate this! I am out of town and found a local trophy shop that will laser the cards for me but they didn't have PhotoGrav to work the image. I know the image is bad but it is all the man had to send me and he didn't want me to use anything else.

Again, I appreciate your help sooooooo much! I have to overnight these tomorrow and the eagle looked terrible when lasered.

I will try both that you sent to see what turns out the best.

I also told the man at the trophy shop about this website and told him how great all of you were with ideas and assistance for us newbies!

Thank you to everyone!!!

Have a great holiday!

Kimberly Connor
05-25-2009, 4:25 PM
Was this in PhotoGrav? My file usually comes out looking different? Thanks!

Frank Corker
05-25-2009, 6:00 PM
It was done in Photograv, but I really don't think the result would be nice with the image that you posted. Here are 4 eagle heads which I think might look nicer. They are eps so you can make them whatever size that you want and they DO NOT NEED TO GO THROUGH PHOTOGRAV they are ready as they are. Good luck.

George M. Perzel
05-26-2009, 4:03 AM
Here's another eagle very close to what you have but better quality
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Kimberly Connor
05-26-2009, 6:12 AM
Thank you. I actually had that one and sent it over as an option and he said no. I'm not sure why he is so set on using this one but I told him I would do what I could with it but it wouldn't look as good as one of the other eagles would. He said that was fine.

I appreciate your help.

Kim