PDA

View Full Version : Here comes Charlie

Carole Valentine
08-14-2004, 7:43 PM
Looks like he's on top of you guys in VA Beach area and has his sights on us over on the Eastern Shore. We're not getting alot of wind yet, but heavy rain. Not sure what to expect. What are you guys getting over there?

Greg Heppeard
08-14-2004, 8:39 PM
Better put your gold up on blocks

Gary Shoemake
08-14-2004, 9:56 PM
So far just a lot of rain with a little wind, sure hope those in harder hit areas or those with loved ones in those areas are AOK.

Earl Reid
08-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Hi, Carole, My son and family arrived today from VA Beach. wondering how the area faired the storm. They live in the Indian river- Kempsville area. maybe you could let us know tommorrow. Thanks ,
Earl

Carole Valentine
08-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Turned out to be sort of a non-event here...rain, no wind. We were lucky. My heart goes out to those in FL. :-(

Tyler Howell
08-15-2004, 5:07 AM
Carole,
Tie yourself to the PM next time. You'll be well anchored:p

Jim Becker
08-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Non-event here, too...not quite a half inch of rain last night after threatening for most of the afternoon and evening. I guess the storm headed far enough east to reduce its impact on many areas originally "in the path".

Ted Shrader
08-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi, Carole, My son and family arrived today from VA Beach. wondering how the area faired the storm. They live in the Indian river- Kempsville area. maybe you could let us know tommorrow. Thanks ,
Earl
Earl -

I live right in that little corner of the world (IR & K-ville Rd). This is old info and your son may be back in the area already, but nothing other than a bunch of rain happened here. Not much wind, just water.

Let me know when you will be in the area visiting. We can say hi.

Ted