PDA

View Full Version : New Jet

John W Dixon
05-24-2009, 11:32 PM
First off I want to thank those on this forum who gave the heads up on the deals Jet was running and then the deal that the folks from the Toolnut put together. I had all but talked myself out of ordering the 1642 during Woodcrafts 20% off sale last weekend. Then everyone began talking about the Toolnut's deal on the 2hp model and I spun headfirst into the vortex.

Well I ordered my new lathe and it arrived last Friday. I must say I was very pleased with The Toolnut and dealing with Sean. Very nice folks there and a real pleasure to work with. Sean called on Wednesday and said they were sending it out and the freight company called on Friday before noon and wanted to know when I would like to pick it up. I don't have it set up yet as I now have to run 220v out to my garage/shop. I got all the stuff yesterday to run a subpanel to the shop so now it's just a matter of getting the energy and time to do it. First impressions are very favorable and I will provide pictures of the setup if anyone is interested. Can't wait to get to turning on this thing!

Since pics are proof here is a picture of my youngest son with what he undoubtedly thought was by far and away the best part of the lathe. He couldn't hardly contain himself when he saw the size of the box in the back of the truck. He wanted to know if we were keeping the lathe after I got it unpacked because I told him he could have the box as soon as I made sure I wasn't going to have to send it back. After I cut the door in it, he drug in pillows and blankets and told me that was where he was sleeping tonight. He came out after a little while and told me what a great day it was.http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif How cool is that?!

Bernie Weishapl
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
John it doesn't get much better than that. Can't wait to see it setup and full of chips. Congrats.

Aaron Wingert
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Congrats on the new lathe! Time to start pulling some wire for sure. Having it sitting in the shop unable to run it will likely be an effective motivator.

Make sure that the smell of cosmolene in that box doesn't make the youngster too goofy! :D

alex carey
05-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Congrats on the lathe. I can relate to your son, I remember wanting to do that exact same thing.

Richard Madison
05-24-2009, 11:43 PM
I keep telling you all that there is a great box that comes with that lathe. Now at least one person agrees.

Steve Schlumpf
05-25-2009, 12:14 AM
John - congrats on getting your lathe home! Looking forward to seeing the photos once it is all set up!

Billy Tallant
05-25-2009, 3:30 AM
John, congratulations on your new lathe. I'm sure it will not take you long to get the wires pulled & everything setup.

cliff smith
05-25-2009, 7:54 AM
conbgrats john i ordereed one from woodcraft should be in this week i hope. very interested in your setup experiences.

Eugene Wigley
05-25-2009, 9:24 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. I'm sure you will enjoy it.