PDA

View Full Version : The week for grandfathers

Dick Parr
08-14-2004, 7:14 PM
Shannon and Morgan arrived today at 10:07am and 10:09am. :D

Shannon is 4 lb 5 oz and is 17" long
Morgan is 3 lb 2 oz and is 15" long

Both girls and our daughter are doing fine. The girls are about 7 weeks early. Both girls will be in intensive care for about 2-3 weeks.

I think our son in law will survive. :eek:

Richard Gillespie
08-14-2004, 8:22 PM
Congratulations, two at one time. Glad to hear that both the daughter and granddaughters are doing well. The father will never know what hit him. Three against one.

I have three grandchildren, two granddaughters and a grandson. There is another grandchild on the way. I should have had these first. They are a whole lot easier to handle then my two boys were.

Tony Falotico
08-14-2004, 8:24 PM
Congratulations Dick !
Congratulations Dick !

That's what we in the South call a 2 fer!

Jim Becker
08-14-2004, 8:36 PM
Congratulations! That's great news.

Twin girls are a wonderful thing. Of course, your SIL may not feel that way in about 12-13 years from now and up...hee hee

John Miliunas
08-14-2004, 9:26 PM
Congrats, Gramps! :D Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Hey, in thinking about it, you're going to have to double all of your toy-making materials lists! :cool:

Wes Bischel
08-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Dick,

Congratulations! Let the spoiling begin!! :D

Wes

Jim Ketron
08-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Congrats Dick!! Glad to here everyones OK!

:D I just found out this week the wife is having twins!:eek: :eek: .
Need to get the new shop done to make furniture!
Jim

Dick Parr
08-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks everyone. The twins now make it 6 grandkids. 5 girls and 1 boy. We have 3 daughters and only 2 have had kids so far. :eek: And I think those two are done having them. :D

I already have the patterns for doll furniture for the girls since I have made a few sets already. ;)

Tom Sweeney
08-15-2004, 12:26 AM
That's very cool Dick - twins & girls no less - Jim B is right about the 13 years part though but you already know that what with 3 daughters & all - I just have the 1 16 year old & that's tough enough. Since you are an experienced Grandpa - will you still spoil these 2? :D

Dick Parr
08-15-2004, 1:00 AM
OH YA, BIG time. :D :D

The two twins and their brother live 500 miles away, so when we do see them, look out. Our daughter and son in law are glad when we leave so they can get some order back into their routine and unwind him. :D :p

Our grandson is always glad to see us because he knows it's like Christmas, because he gets what he wants if he's good. It's fun to spoil him and then leave. :eek: :D Some goes for the 3 grandaughters that live a few miles away. Keep them for a few days and spoil them and then send them home. :rolleyes:

I love pay-back's.... ;) :D

Ken Fitzgerald
08-15-2004, 1:13 AM
Congrats Dick!

Tyler Howell
08-15-2004, 4:55 AM
Dick you old Dog Congrats. Enjoy;)

Joe Tonich
08-15-2004, 8:50 AM
Congrats Dick,

Hope I don't see any for AT LEAST 10 more years. :D

Joe

Keith Starosta
08-15-2004, 9:41 AM
Congratulations! That's great news.

Twin girls are a wonderful thing. Of course, your SIL may not feel that way in about 12-13 years from now and up...hee hee

Yer damn skippy there, Jim!!! :) Our boy/girl twins turn one year old in just a few weeks. They are a HUGE blessing. Dick, congrats to you and your whole family. They're in for quite a ride!!!! ;)

Keith

Daniel Rabinovitz
08-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Dick
From one Grandpa to another Grandpa
CONGRATULATIONS
And make sure that they get genetically tested - about 40/50 tests are available for the same (group) price of $29.00 or $35.00. (I forget exactly).
Yes, my daughter is a genetic counselor at Pediatrix Screening; and you can look up the info on the web. Because I am concerned for everyone that I know. Blood samples are usually submitted by the doctor or nurse or hospital. There are several screening labs around the country associated with different organizations. BUT the story on 60 minutes about the two babies in different states with minimal screening in the one state and full screeniong in the other state prompted me to write - and since I have a little inside information.
Daniel :cool:

Dick Parr
08-15-2004, 1:51 PM
Thanks Daniel, I will pass on the info to the kids.