PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel cage for $3!!

Kelly C. Hanna
08-14-2004, 6:29 PM
Yep, garage sale find today...what a deal and it works! I would say they didn't know what they had since I've never seen a working one lower than $40.

Now I need some of you who have built your own air cleaners to help me out with a little advice (and pics if ya got 'em) of how you built yours and tips on mounting it in the best place for maximum performance. Also what kind of air filters have you found to work best?

Tom LaRussa
08-14-2004, 8:31 PM
Woodworking, Hot Rods, Classic Rock and a great Wife....is there anything I am missing???
Yep. A good doggie.

:)

Tony Falotico
08-14-2004, 9:54 PM
There's a plan in Woodsmith No.95

Dennis Peacock
08-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Yep, garage sale find today...what a deal and it works! I would say they didn't know what they had since I've never seen a working one lower than $40.

Now I need some of you who have built your own air cleaners to help me out with a little advice (and pics if ya got 'em) of how you built yours and tips on mounting it in the best place for maximum performance. Also what kind of air filters have you found to work best?

Kelly,

I get them from an HVAC guy or two that change out old for new units. $20 will get a working SC blower. I gave $25 for a 22" SC blower with a NEW Baldor 1/2 HP motor on it. Machined pullies and the works. I had a guy at work that GAVE me one for free because he wanted it out of his garage.

Talk around and check with some HVAC shops. you may be surprised at how cheap you can get a used SC blower unit that works. ;)

Congrats on your find!!!! :) The are quiet and move a LOT of air. I built my own air scrubber....took some 7/16" wafferboard and built a box, built a double filter capacity box for the front of is and vented the air out the top. Works good.