PDA

View Full Version : Tersa replacement blades

Larry Crandall
05-24-2009, 1:16 PM
I have a M/M CU 300 with a 12" J/P. Can someone tell me some good places to purchase replacement Tersa knives? The cutter takes three blades, but it appears they are sold in sets of two. That means I would have to purchase three sets of blades to keep from having an odd blade?
Thanks for any help I can get.

walter stellwagen
05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
simantech.com

Walt

Rick Fisher
05-26-2009, 1:11 AM
I just got a machine with Tersa knives..

I get the whole "tap" to remove..

Its the install part that makes me ...

I understand that you slide them in, and turn the machine on to set them.. I would need some .. encouragment to do this..

Is that right?

By the way, I ordered extra Tersa knives, 12" long.. they where $35.00 for the MG-42 blades.. I got them from Laguna. Dont know if that is a good price, but they shipped with the machine..

Joe Jensen
05-26-2009, 1:54 AM
When I had that style of head (mine was a Terminus), you also tapped the wedge thing to hold them.

Larry Edgerton
05-26-2009, 6:51 AM
Rick
It seems a bit strange but it works perfect every time. The power of centrifugal force. I blow the dust out every time. I also set them a little to the right, and a little to the left every other cutter on the head so I can get a better shift. I have numbered my head with a stamp set so that I can keep track of what I did. In other words on a piece of masking tape inside the machine I write

1-3 New
2-4 shifted
1-3 shifted
2-4 turned

And so on so I can keep track of what I have done to the knives. I do the same with my three knife jointer as well.

Larry, I got my last ones from Simatech as well, and I buy the green ones. Buying ahead is good but I don't change all of mine at the same time anyway. Its cheaper to come up with a system like I mentioned above, and it does not really affect quality of cut until one pair is real bad. The great thing about the Tersa's is how fast you can shift knives. In between the nicks is sharp blade, use it up.