PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kodiak

Bruce Page
08-14-2004, 3:09 PM
I just thought I stop in and say hello. We’re at the end of week four up here in Kodiak. The missile & payload are fully assembled and we’re going through final checks & countdown rehearsals now. We just got word that the launch is being delayed so I get to come home on the 20<SUP>th</SUP>!! :D :D
Im the big ugly guy on the left :rolleyes:

Here’s a couple of picks on the team – moose hats included…:eek:

P.s., I tried to post this to th OT forum but it kept telling me that I wasn't logged in. Moderator, feel free to move this if you want,

Tyler Howell
08-14-2004, 6:55 PM
A real Horny bunch you are up there Bruce! :D

Sounds like interesting work.;)

Bart Leetch
08-14-2004, 7:34 PM
Sure wouldn't want to horn in on that bunch. Looks like a Kodiak moment.

John Miliunas
08-14-2004, 9:20 PM
Well, I see what looks like a DC hose on the ground there, but isn't that cyclone upside-down?! :eek: I'm not sure I'd trust flex-hose for a cyclone THAT big! :D :cool:

James Carmichael
08-14-2004, 9:47 PM
Ah, the top-secret Bullwinkle project. Who's going up, Rocky the flying squirrel?

You guys might want to be careful with those antlers, Bruce, isn't August awful close to moose or caribou season up there?

Todd Burch
08-15-2004, 12:32 AM
Wow - I feel safer now - I think....

Bruce - missed you in Albuquerque. Maybe next time. Todd

Bruce Page
08-15-2004, 6:15 PM
Wow - I feel safer now - I think....

Bruce - missed you in Albuquerque. Maybe next time. ToddTodd, I'm sorry that I missed you too. We'll get together next time for sure.

P.s., you should feel much safer! :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, we take our work very seriously. You have too when you’re working with 25,000+ pounds of volatile propellant...:o

Dennis Peacock
08-15-2004, 7:39 PM
Hey Bruce,

Wave hello to the brown bears there for me.!!! :p :)

BTW, if you'll strap a few thousand pounds of explosives to that thing, you'd make me feel right at home.!! :eek: :D

Sometimes I miss playing with explosives but the rest of the time, I'm glad I don't tinker with it any more. ;)

Bruce Page
08-16-2004, 7:15 PM
Dennis, there’s nothing too exciting in the way of explosives on board, a few line cutters and several PC105’s and about 30’ of 3/8” MDF cord.

I haven't seen any bears but I haven't been looking for 'em either.:eek:

Mark J Bachler
08-18-2004, 3:05 PM
"Sometimes I miss playing with explosives but the rest of the time, I'm glad I don't tinker with it any more."

Hey Dennis,
I was an explosive tech. back in the late 70's mostly for honeywell. Business was booming.

azide, CH 6, NOL 130, touchy stuff.

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 7:08 PM
"Sometimes I miss playing with explosives but the rest of the time, I'm glad I don't tinker with it any more."

Hey Dennis,
I was an explosive tech. back in the late 70's mostly for honeywell. Business was booming.

azide, CH 6, NOL 130, touchy stuff.

Mark,

Mine was U.S.A.F. related. Shape charges, claymore mines, 500# GP Bombs, 2,000# GP bombs, C-4 plastic explosives, C-5 Plastic explosives, 20MM, 40MM, 50cal., White Phoserous, Arrow, Aim-9, Aim-7, Maveric...and the list goes on from there. :D