PDA

View Full Version : What I Bought at the Auction #3

Boyd Gathwright
08-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Ref: What I Bought at the Auction #2
Ref: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=11094

.....Went to the auction last Wednesday and purchased a used computer and parts and a chain binder and a few pieces of lumber, all for a couple of bucks (no included pics) some industrial shelving, pics included. It took about three hours to load, transport, and unload in the rain. I especially want to thank my good neighbor and his son for their efforts; it was an undertaking for all three (3) of us. Have been looking for this type of shelving for a couple of years now, the cost of the sale was approximately three hundred dollars ($300.00). It is not as wide as I would have liked it to be, but I think I can make do. This will allow me to get just about everything up off the floor and give back some of my floor space for separate woodworking projects at the same time, while awaiting parts and time. Some of the teardrops, as they are known, are fifteen (15) feet long. This means I will have to cut them down to size, about eleven and a half (11-1/2) feet for a twelve (12) foot ceiling. Some are slightly abused, like probably being hit by a forklift truck and needing some attention like straightening out the bent and damaged metal. Don’t know just what the load capacity is but with my past experience I don’t think I will be maxing out the weight limits as I go vertical. A little side note: Some guys put these things up first then they put walls around them and then put a roof on them and call it a building. I’ll most likely be using a hammer drill to attach the teardrops to the concrete floor, just to be on the safe side. The horizontal rails are approximately eight and a half (8-1/2) feet long and are notched and bolted once in to place. I’ll show future final pics once everything is up, if interested.<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

Boyd :)

Aaron Montgomery
08-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Nice haul! What a good find at a great price - should provide some excellent storage! I'd never fit those in my basement though! :)

Greg Tatum
08-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Only $300!! WOW! Looks like an awsome deal.
Greg

Jim Becker
08-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Quite a haul! You could almost start your own 'borg store with all that shelving! :D