PDA

View Full Version : Bessey Clamp Failure

Jeff Ranck
05-23-2009, 3:36 AM
I was doing a glue up today and one of my heavy duty Bessey Tradesman clamps failed - the malleable cast iron jaw cracked and bent. I was putting a reasonable amount of pressure on the piece, but certainly no where near as hard as they can be cranked.

Anyone have any experience with their warranty? I'm trying to decide what to do about it.

Jeff.

Julian Wong
05-23-2009, 6:49 AM
Jeff,
They do come with a lifetime warranty. Just call their customer service and they'll most likely send you a new clamp ;)

Stan Urbas
05-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Jeff, I recently bought some Bessey clamps on sale, and one of them had a broken plastic retainer do-hickey on the end. So when I slid the movable part to the end it slid right off! Anyway, I called the company where I bought it and the gal said they'd just send me a new clamp and I could use the old one "for spare parts". So now I had one more clamp, but still had the broken one. I decided to call Bessey's customer service, explained my problem, and a real nice gal said they would send me a new part. No receipt, registration number, etc. required. She never even asked me where I bought it or how it got damaged. Sure enough, a couple of weeks later I got a small package with 4 of the little plastic do-hickeys. So now I have three extra do-hickeys and am trying to figure out how to get the rest of the parts (free) to make up three more clamps!

Mike Heidrick
05-23-2009, 1:11 PM
Bessey is really good on parts. However when I bought a broken Revo from Farm and Fleet (price was so good, on sale, and clearenced as sku for v3 and revo were the same?? :confused::confused:), Bessey said they sold them in pairs to F&F and that I had to return two clamps to them to get two new one even though only one was broke - that or take it back to F&F for warranty submission (which I did). Very interesting as each clamp had their own sku. Anyway - easy enough to get parts (pads and tail stops on the revos).

OT - Still BY FAR THE BEST CS for clamps is Jorgensen IMO!! Wow these guys rock. That is why my wall is ORANGE more than red and red and black.

glenn bradley
05-23-2009, 2:22 PM
Should be no problem. I got a batch of clamps and 2 were missing the tail footie-thingie. They showed up in the mail.