PDA

View Full Version : OK all you Festool aficionados..

Bruce Page
05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I just ordered the ETS 150/3 EQ and a bunch of disks from Uncle Bob Marino. I hope it’s as good as you say ‘cause it sure ain’t cheap!

Dave Hale
05-22-2009, 10:33 PM
You'll be walking around the shop looking for things to sand. :p

Glen Blanchard
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Submitted for your approval. One talented woodworker and machinist who has recently placed his first "green and black" tool order. Returning to his shop, as he places one foot in front of the other, he unwittingly is about to slip. His slip will soon transform itself into a tumble....a tumble that will take him down the slippery slope into ....bum, bum, bum.....The Festool Zone.

John Stevens
05-22-2009, 10:57 PM
The beauty of it is that if you aren't totally satisfied, you can send it back in 30 days. I hope you enjoy your new sander at least as much as I enjoy mine, but if not, no problem!

Regards,

John

Bruce Page
05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys, you're making me feel better already!

J.R. Rutter
05-22-2009, 11:31 PM
That's a good one - you won't be disappointed.

Peter Gregory
05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm not touching that stuff. One order will lead to another and pretty soon you have a stack of the boxes, nice tools and a divorce. :)

Sounds like fun, but I'm not listening - fingers in ears - la-la-la-la.

Have fun. FYI - there are things to sand at my house, come give me a demo. :)

Philip Johnson
05-23-2009, 1:21 AM
I bought the 150/3 last week, brought it home and showed the wife who has never touched one of my tools in 30 years. She wanted me to show her how it it works and promptly informed me she was taking it. She and her sisters are going to sand and paint some cabinets this weekend. I'm really worried about my new tools staying out all night but maybe she will decide she needs a few more festools so it may work out all right.

Alan Zenreich
05-23-2009, 6:36 AM
According to my calculations, it adds up:

ETS150/3 + Bob Marino = Happy woodworker

Rich Engelhardt
05-23-2009, 7:15 AM
Hello,
Festool makes a quality product, no doubt about it.

My TS55EQ is simply a pleasure to use as it removes the drudgery out of breaking down sheet goods.
As soon as my DeWalt ROS bites the big one, I'll replace it w/a Festool sander.

Let's face it, some aspects of WW'ing are,,well,,less enjoyable than others.
Anything that can improve on that aspect is worth the price ;).

Keith Outten
05-23-2009, 7:45 AM
Geez! Bruce has lost the battle and has been sucked into the Festool Zone :(
Anyone could be next.............

Cody Colston
05-23-2009, 8:40 AM
I'd like to see a pic of your decoder ring and a demonstration of the secret handshake! :D

Jason White
05-23-2009, 9:45 AM
The sanders, without question, are as good as they (we) say.

Jason

I just ordered the ETS 150/3 EQ and a bunch of disks from Uncle Bob Marino. I hope it’s as good as you say ‘cause it sure ain’t cheap!

Clifford Mescher
05-23-2009, 10:03 AM
It is a good sander but be aware it is not very aggressive. That said, it is the best that I have owned. Clifford.

Jason White
05-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Good point.

If you need a sander that can do either aggressive or finish sanding, get the ROTEX.

If you need an aggressive "palm"-type sander, you might be better off with the new Porter Cable sander, or one of the older DeWalts.

The 5" Festool palm sander is not aggressive -- even with coarse paper. I only use it for finish sanding small areas or scuffing in between coats of paint or finish.

Jason

It is a good sander but be aware it is not very aggressive. That said, it is the best that I have owned. Clifford.

Bruce Page
05-23-2009, 12:33 PM

Clifford, Jason, I bought it with the sole intension of using it for finish sanding ONLY. I have two PC 333’s and a PC 505 for aggressive sanding.

Clifford Mescher
05-23-2009, 1:39 PM
Clifford, Jason, I bought it with the sole intension of using it for finish sanding ONLY. I have two PC 333’s and a PC 505 for aggressive sanding.
Understood. Just giving the old "heads-up" Of all the "finish sanders" that I have used, it is probably the least aggressive. I love the dust collection. Clifford.

Jason White
05-23-2009, 3:13 PM
You made the right choice, then.

Let me know how you like it. It's about the only Festool sander I don't own at the moment.:D

Chris Padilla
05-23-2009, 4:40 PM
Pre-gloat, eh? You'd better post pics or I'm yanking this thread!!!

:D

Bruce Page
05-23-2009, 5:09 PM
No problem, I’ll post pics as soon as I get the vacuum adapter made for it. :p
It’s funny, I asked a couple of questions about it on Bob’s website yesterday morning and it wasn’t 5 minutes later when he called me on the phone to answer them. If he ships as fast, I should have it next week.

Peter Pedisich
05-23-2009, 5:17 PM
Bob M. is always there when you need him, he always works hard to make something happen.
And when I think that I'm just one of his many customers, I am amazed he can get it all done. But he does.

James Hart
05-23-2009, 5:36 PM
Bruce,

I live in Phoenix and have bought a bunch of stuff from Bob. He ships next business day at the latest. UPS Ground takes 3 to 5 business days from his shipper in Ohio. Might be a day faster to NM.

You'll love it.

Jim

It’s funny, I asked a couple of questions about it on Bob’s website yesterday morning and it wasn’t 5 minutes later when he called me on the phone to answer them. If he ships as fast, I should have it next week.

Jim Becker
05-23-2009, 6:24 PM
You'll be a "smooth operator" as soon as that fine sander arrives! Congrats. One of my favorite Festool tools, in fact. Probably the most used other than my Festool Drill/Driver

Scott T Smith
05-23-2009, 8:39 PM
You'll be a "smooth operator" as soon as that fine sander arrives! Congrats. One of my favorite Festool tools, in fact. Probably the most used other than my Festool Drill/Driver

+1. You're going to love it. I've used mine for upwards of an hour and never experienced the "numb / tingly hand" feeling.

glenn bradley
05-23-2009, 9:14 PM
Don't forget to collect the whole set ;-)

Erik Frederiksen
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't have the ETS 150/3 EQ, but based on my experience using my Rotex I think you'll be happy with your new sander.

I actually don't mind sanding now. Very cool.

Steve Clardy
05-24-2009, 9:15 PM

You won't regret it. ;)

I have the same sander. I think my variable speed switch is going out though.
But I've had it about 5 years now.

Jason White
05-24-2009, 9:22 PM
You might want to invest in a vacuum with suction control if you don't already have one. Festool sanders sometimes will "stick" to a workpiece if the suction is too high. This seems to happen more with the higher grits, though.

Jason

Per Swenson
05-24-2009, 9:24 PM
Bruce,

Next step....... Rotex.

Per