PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Room Phase Three!

Byron Trantham
08-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Well I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. :D Started in March of this year, I have completed the 12' long wall hanging cabinets, 12' long base unit and now the 12' long sewing table proper. Comprised of three pedestals, they will be connected with an 8' long table top. Each end of the table top will have a 2' hinged wing that can be folded down out of the way. the whole unit is wired to accommodate plugging in various sewing machines. There are 33 drawers in the final product. Today we move the pedestals in place and I will finish the internal wiring. The LOML will start filling the drawers! All that is left to do is cut and mount the table top. I'll post more pics later today showing the pedestals in place.

Jim Becker
08-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Lookin' good, Byron...LOYL is very lucky that you have a "complimentary" avocation to hers! (But I don't suggest curtins in your shop...)

Dennis Peacock
08-14-2004, 11:25 AM
OK...no foul cause you posted pics....Include more details about the sewing room stuff you're doing. The LOML wants to do up something like that and I need ideas. ;)

Todd Burch
08-14-2004, 2:39 PM
Man Byron - that's a whole lot of mela... mela... MELA.... KER-CHEW!!! Melamine!
Looks like you're going to have some type of pullout above the drawers (cutting-board style). ... Ah yes - I see it under the drawers on your tablesaw.

Don't forget the final pictures! Todd

Steve Clardy
08-14-2004, 4:39 PM
Looking super Byron, Been following your threads on the sewing room. I have one of these projects coming up this winter, now that the wife has part of my new shop addition claimed, 16x16 of it.
Steve

Byron Trantham
08-14-2004, 4:47 PM
Looking super Byron, Been following your threads on the sewing room. I have one of these projects coming up this winter, now that the wife has part of my new shop addition claimed, 16x16 of it.
Steve

Geeesh Steve, I wish I HAD 16x16 to give to her! :eek: Lucky dude!!!

Steve Clardy
08-14-2004, 4:57 PM
Geeesh Steve, I wish I HAD 16x16 to give to her! :eek: Lucky dude!!!
Hah. Well, just jack some walls out somewhere and fill the roof in!!:eek:
I must say the 16x64 addition is nice. It has freed up some room in the current shop, plus given me a spray finishing room and a place to work on the vehicles. On the +++ side it has or will have given us some more room in our small house, due to the fact that the FIVE:eek: rug looms She has will be moved to Her new sewing and rug making room.:)
Keep us updated on your project, always looking for new neat ideas here.
Steve

Byron Trantham
08-14-2004, 5:11 PM
Hah. Well, just jack some walls out somewhere and fill the roof in!!:eek:
I must say the 16x64 addition is nice. It has freed up some room in the current shop, plus given me a spray finishing room and a place to work on the vehicles. On the +++ side it has or will have given us some more room in our small house, due to the fact that the FIVE:eek: rug looms She has will be moved to Her new sewing and rug making room.:)
Keep us updated on your project, always looking for new neat ideas here.
Steve

Five rug looms?! :eek: Man I thought I had it bad with her 12' wide Handi Quilter. That frame costs $1600 and is made in Australia. She got it at quilt show for $700. Seemed like a good deal until she realized she did not have 12' of table surface to use it!!!! :mad: Honey, do you think you build a longer table for me? :rolleyes: Hence, gut a room, paint the walls, install mucho florescent lighting and oh yea, I would like more storage space. That was last March! Oh well, it's only time and let's not forget - MONEY! :D

Steve Clardy
08-14-2004, 5:26 PM
Five rug looms?! :eek: Man I thought I had it bad with her 12' wide Handi Quilter. That frame costs $1600 and is made in Australia. She got it at quilt show for $700. Seemed like a good deal until she realized she did not have 12' of table surface to use it!!!! :mad: Honey, do you think you build a longer table for me? :rolleyes: Hence, gut a room, paint the walls, install mucho florescent lighting and oh yea, I would like more storage space. That was last March! Oh well, it's only time and let's not forget - MONEY! :D
I hear the Honey do's!!! Seems like one project turns into ten around here, and keeps multiplying.:eek: So--- just how is it we get into these messes? :eek:

Chris Padilla
08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Nice job, Byron. Keep them pics coming! :)