PDA

View Full Version : You might be a woodworker...

phil harold
05-22-2009, 12:52 PM
You might be a woodworker if your blood tests come back positive for cherry and oak.

please add you own

thanks!

Jason White
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
:D....if your house doesn't have any furniture in it because you keep saying to your wife "but honey, I can build a better one than that -- AND FOR A LOT LESS MONEY!"

Yeah, right....

You might be a woodworker if your blood tests come back positive for cherry and oak.

please add you own

thanks!

Michael Poller
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
...if you look at a pile of firewood and think hmmm... if I cut that just right...

Jacob Griffith
05-22-2009, 1:00 PM
......You try to order 5 beers at the bar with one thumb and 4 stubs.

James Jaragosky
05-22-2009, 1:04 PM
:D....if your house doesn't have any furniture in it because you keep saying to your wife "but honey, I can build a better one than that -- AND FOR A LOT LESS MONEY!"

Yeah, right....
If your idea of furniture shopping is going to Ikea to reverse engineer that credenza your wife likes.:eek:
Or you ever bought a piece of furniture at a garage sale just so you could take it apart; so you could build another one just like it.

Dennis McGarry
05-22-2009, 1:25 PM
If your idea of potpourri is Cheesecloth bags of Cedar shavings from the lathe....

Brent Smith
05-22-2009, 1:30 PM
..........when there's no room in the garage for the lawnmower.

phil harold
05-22-2009, 2:11 PM
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
be it rockler or woodcraft...

Jerry Murray
05-22-2009, 2:15 PM
When the first thing you do when entering anyplace is to try and identify the wood types in the furniture.

Andy Bardowell
05-22-2009, 2:18 PM
Your wife buys you a cabinet saw in April for your birthday then grouses about you spending too much time in the shop in May, oops was that a rant!

Dell Moore
05-22-2009, 3:44 PM
... your constantly taking pictures of furniture, amoires, boxes, curious, etc.etc.etc. and telling yourself

"I can build that... I can build that..."

:D

Adam Wissman
05-22-2009, 4:10 PM
when you go to an art musuem and everyone else is staring at the Mona Lisa and your too busy thinking about what wood the frame is made of

Bill Wyko
05-22-2009, 5:38 PM
When the cuffs on your pants, shirts, sox, hat, ass crack and belly button all have more sawdust in them than the floor.:eek:

Ben Franz
05-22-2009, 6:34 PM
.. if you have an extensive tool and machine collection ... but no money to buy wood :mad:.

Louis Rucci
05-22-2009, 7:43 PM
That's me alright

Kendall Stokke
05-22-2009, 9:03 PM
If you have to read the sawmill creek forum before you have your first cup of coffee in the morning

James Baker SD
05-22-2009, 9:15 PM

Yeah, right....

Makes me a first class woodworker (with a very patient wife)

James

Don Orr
05-22-2009, 9:31 PM
...if you go all the way to Washngton DC for vacation and the first place you go is the Renwick Gallery to see the Greene & Greene exhibit and you are the only one crawling around on your hands and knees looking UNDER the amazing pieces with the guard watching your every move.Oh, and no photos were allowed :mad:.

But my wife actually enjoyed it as well.

Brian Effinger
05-22-2009, 10:13 PM
When the cuffs on your pants, shirts, sox, hat, ass crack and belly button all have more sawdust in them than the floor.:eek:

That was freakin' hilarious! :D

You might be a woodworker if you keep every scrap of wood in hopes of using it on some project unforeseen in the distant future.

harry strasil
05-22-2009, 11:40 PM
You pick your teeth with the splinters in your fingers.

Russ Boyd
05-23-2009, 8:05 AM
You may be a woodworker if you have more wood in your hands than Pinnochio.

Todd Young
05-23-2009, 8:53 AM
if when you sneeze, you sneeze sawdust instead of snot.

Angie Orfanedes
05-23-2009, 9:15 AM
...if your clothes are old and faded, but your tools are shiney and new...or at least shiney.

Lee Mitchell
05-23-2009, 9:27 AM
You have every glue known to mankind in your shop.

Instead of watching the game, you're salvaging pallets from overseass.

You never have to buy wood chips for the grill/smoker.

Look at a magestic oak and "see" the lumber it contains.

Keep an ongoing shop grocery list.

Hate the house vacuum cleaner, love the Shop Vac.

Addicted to how-to magazines, web sites, and tool catalogs.

Every year Christmas wish list includes shop towels, clamps, clamps, and more clamps.

Lee

Ed Sallee
05-23-2009, 11:53 AM
...if you're reading this thread!

Bill Huber
05-23-2009, 12:16 PM
When the wife says "Are you ready to go to bed ;);)", you say no I am going to the shop and work a little.

Brian Kent
05-23-2009, 12:43 PM
...if you're reading this thread!

You win, Ed:D!

Craig T. Smith
05-23-2009, 3:30 PM
If you have a cedar chip hanging from your trucks rear view mirror instead of the little felt tree, Craig

Jacob Mac
05-23-2009, 7:17 PM
If you buy painter's tape to prevent chip out rather than for painting.

If the best present you ever got was an old pile of wood that had been stuck in some guys barn for 50 years.

If you can talk about butt joints and don't even think about cracking a smile.

If you keep a spare change of clothes in your shop so you can go straight from work to your latest project without having to go up stairs.

If you wake up on the weekend extra early so you can get a jumpr start on finishing your project so you can get at least three or four coats in before you have to go back to work.

If you secretly smile when your kids break your old store bought furniture so you can build something of your own.

If sawmillcreek is your homepage.

Steve Rozmiarek
05-24-2009, 12:44 AM
If you know that the diy shows "expert" is wrong when she claims that the flooring is oak.

phil harold
05-24-2009, 8:04 AM
the smell of wood takes you to that happy place

you keep a sachet of walnut in your underwear drawer

Charlie Jones
05-24-2009, 8:59 AM
You are always dreaming and looking for your next tool, when you don't have time to make full use of the tools you have.

Liz Wojtkieiwcz
05-24-2009, 9:45 AM
If the redecorating plans for every room in your house hinge around the wood species you plan to feature in them. (Guilty, guilty, guilty!)

:D:D:D

Bill White
05-24-2009, 12:50 PM
......if you have written a 12 page treatise on popping blood blisters and speeding the cure of smashed fingernails. The next pending chapter will be about cleaning the nasal sinuses (sinusi?) of dust particles.
Bill