PDA

View Full Version : Multistar Chucks

Burt Alcantara
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM
In my quest to find a jawless VM120 I ran across the Multistar Chuck. It looks to have an interesting jaw set, a little different from the offerings by the major players.

Seems to be available only in the UK but is sold by Jacques Coulombe in Canada.

Here's the home page: http://www.hegner.co.uk/pages/Multistar/multistar.html
Body only duplex from England is $120.

Anyone know about this?

Burt

Scott Conners
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
That's a really interesting looking chuck! I love the idea of tool-less jaw changes, and a lot of the accessories are very unique and cool. If you find out if you can get it in the US please let us know, I may be interested as well.

Scott Conners
07-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I just ran across this - www.thesandingglove.com carries some multistar chucks and accessories.

Bob Hallowell
07-04-2009, 9:18 AM
Burt,
those do look nice. I am sure you can prolly order those straight from England and you would pay the non vat price. Shipping normally isn't that bad.

Bob

Matt Hutchinson
07-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, that looks nice! I also found the live centers to be of interest. Thanks for the link! (No, I don't know anything about them. :rolleyes:)

Hutch

Wally Wenzel
07-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I have had a PCC or precision combanition chuck which came from the UK about 30 years ago. It was not to great of a chuck it too worked on the same principal, this appears to be a much more precision and up dated version. Back then i don't think there were any of the 4 jaw self centering chucks around so it was better than nothing. It was a very spendy item back then by the time you got a few of the options, i believe you could buy a couple of Talons now for what i paid for it. Wally