PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's" - Memorial Day Edition

Karl Laustrup
05-22-2009, 7:01 AM
Friday May 22, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

The first long weekend and the beginning of the "summer" season starts now.

After a couple of days of temps in the 80's we're going to be more seasonable this weekend with temps in the low 70's. Might have a little rain Saturday but, I don't think that'll slow things down that much.

The tourists have started to arrive already and this afternoon and evening there should be a steady stream of campers heading into Sherwood Forest for the long weekend. Lake Delton is full again after last years breach and draining into the Wisconsin River. All systems seem to be a go for a great summer season.

I hope to clean up the shop this weekend in preperation for my next project. Will hopefully be starting that in the next week or so. I might even start two projects. Other than that it should be a quiet weekend. Maybe I'll have a chance for a round of golf. We'll see.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? It's a good time for family and friends. :)

During this weekend please take a minute and remember our military personnel as they help provide the opportunity for us to enjoy weekends like this.

Have a great weekend and please be SAFE.

Karl

scott spencer
05-22-2009, 7:31 AM
Today my wife and I are taking the 3 younger kids to Niagara Falls for an overnight stay at the Skyline Inn that's attached to the Fallsview Waterpark....should be a nice relaxing getaway with thousands of screaming adrenaline pumped kids packed inside a cavernous echoing indoor water park! :rolleyes: (Lord have mercy!:D )

Eric Roberge
05-22-2009, 9:09 AM
The fam and I are going camping Friday and Saturday. We'll return on Sunday and hit the pool Sun-Mon. Hopefully:rolleyes: I can find a few hours here and there to work on my blanket chest project. Here's a pic of the progress...yes, it's upside down. I had just finished installing the cleats.

I only get my kids every other weekend:(, so I'm really looking forward to the family time.:D

Everyone enjoy the long weekend!!!!

Jim Becker
05-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm starting the long weekend today (with a personal holiday day) by cutting up a cherry tree that fell down on the easement between our property and our neighbor's property last weekend. Then it's off to the stable with the girls for some horsie horsing around...it's a Mr Mom week as Professor Dr. SWMBO is on the left coast, returning Saturday night. I'm sure there will be lots of barn time, lots of landscaping time and maybe a little woodworking. Hard to say at this point.

Nate Carey
05-22-2009, 10:50 AM
...boat club meeting this evening (we rarely talk about boats). Saturday - daughter's horse event (I can stay 'til 1PM) at Hopkinton Fair grounds, balance of afternoon devoted to the last raised bed...40 sf of soil prep and planting. Sunday - coffee and The Point (FM 103.1) at about 6AM 'til 8AM in the shop, church 9:30 'til noon, dump at 1PM, more shop from 1:30PM 'til 3PM or 4PM...radio will be on VPR (FM 89.5), grille gets fired-up at 5PM, cook 'til done with a half hour break to watch "Last of the Summer Wine" on PBS, eat at 6:30PM...then back to the shop. Monday? Can't plan that far ahead!

Jared Minor
05-22-2009, 4:06 PM
Does have no idea count? Probably start getting ready for a camping trip coming up in a few weeks. Need to figure out batteries and fire up the Coleman stove to check it out. Trying to finish a stand for storing the onions we just picked from the garden. Got some real nice onions, have them hanging in the shop for now.

glenn bradley
05-23-2009, 8:47 PM
Started in on some small box ideas that will hopefully (after plenty of input from LOML) evolve into this years Christmas gifts.

Tommy Emmons
05-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I got hooked into redoing a garden bench for cousin-in-law. I will get the cost of the lumber paid back in canned beets, okra, and corn. She loves to can vegtables and fruit and I like to eat them.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-24-2009, 1:27 AM
Youngest son and his lovely wife are visiting here from Houston.

I'm back trying to finish a Martha Washington candle stand for the LOML.

Don Bullock
05-24-2009, 9:14 AM
Dog show, dog show, dog show & dog show. Yep, four days of dog shows. If I get home early we have a lot of packing and other things to do before we move in June. Hopefully on Sunday I can squeeze in the NASCAR race too.

Kyle Kraft
05-24-2009, 9:30 AM
I am installing a 150 sq. ft. paving brick patio. So far I have shoveled 7,880 lbs of 1/2" crushed rock for a 4" base over the area. Then I'm going to plant the garden and set up the pool.

I'm a workin' machine!!

Martin Shupe
05-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I am on my way to Kelly Mehler's for a week of Woodworking Camp!

The project of the week is a Windsor Chair. We will do everything except the turnings, and someday I hope to learn those, too. Curtis Buchanan will instruct, and I am told he is outstanding.

Someday I'll need a week of woodworking camp at home, to finish all of my unfinished projects! Umm, maybe several weeks? :D

Kevin Arceneaux
05-24-2009, 9:22 PM
Finishing the The Chateau Poule. I have most done, all but the fence and the plank.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/c56360dc4553b3d5b144bd03358d2d59cfb3117d.jpghttp://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/fb2364874ec4be2cb881bf01371f2fe5bdb695ef.jpghttp://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/3221694bbbb4b03f22aafb35a02e838fcecf4833.jpghttp://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/5e916c4db2b1bc3529bbd7c2bdefa51a0975d58a.jpghttp://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/16d2624498b1db48bd33192223b0840400ac5480.jpg

Greg Hines, MD
05-24-2009, 9:43 PM
I attended the GeoWoodstock VII in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. We had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones.

Doc

Pat Germain
05-25-2009, 10:54 AM
The weather pretty much dampened any outdoor activities in my area this weekend.

I found some maple scraps in my shop and started on a band saw box. Wow, it sure is fun to make something just because I want to! No specifications. No deadlines. No kidding! It's an absolute joy. :)

Keith Christopher
05-25-2009, 8:29 PM
Airshow at the PAX naval base. Was awesome to see the Blue Angels fly.