PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Help on a B&D/Dewalt RAS

Greg Bender
05-21-2009, 9:36 PM
I've got a Black & Decker/Dewalt 16" Radial Arm that had a 230 volt electronic blade brake that was accidentally wired to a 460 volt circuit and got fried.It was disconnected from the saw with no attention paid to where all the wires were located.I want to run the saw without the brake but I'm missing one side of the coil and have a wire coming off a aux contact that I do not know what it's purpose is.

Does anybody have a saw like this or the schematic for one that can offer some assistance.I need it running and do not know where to start especially using 460 volt power,not the stuff to experiment with.The saw is a 5 hp 460 volt,3 phase model number T-1853-typeAA and the serial number is 569340.Any help will be really appreciated.
Greg

Mike Circo
05-22-2009, 9:40 AM
I can't help directly. However go to "Old Woodworking Machinery" and scan around. Sometimes manuals are posted there.

Possible query that assembled expertise on your issue. Many good resources can be found there for older machines.

www.owwm.com

Good luck.
m

Greg Bender
05-22-2009, 4:23 PM
Mike,
Thanx for the suggestion,I was over there before I decided to post something here.I will have to look some more ,it doesn't look to good for info on this beast.Thanx,Greg

Greg Sznajdruk
05-23-2009, 6:58 AM
http://www.owwm.com/pubs/252/2567.pdf

This may help.

Greg

Greg Bender
05-23-2009, 8:42 AM
Greg,
Thanx,That is exactly what I needed.I was not looking in the right spot.What area is this type of documentation listed in.We have a lot of older HD woodworking machinery so I think I need to get more familiar with the site.Thanx again,
Greg