PDA

View Full Version : Lion cub's by Frank Corker

James Jaragosky
05-21-2009, 7:18 PM
Frank has been practicing his drawing skills, and I was lucky enough to have him let me engrave one.
Size is 9x5.75 on Baltic birch ply, 300dpi, 86% power, 300 ipm
This took just under 40 minutes on my Rabbit 40w
Frank supplied the image as a b/w 1 bit and I printed it without any further enhancements.
unfortunately this rendering does not do Frank's work justice;
the original is awesome, I will let frank post that if he is so inclined.
Jim J.

Jani Pedersen
05-21-2009, 7:34 PM
Stunning !

Brilliant artwork - as are all his pieces, and beautifully engraved too.

:)

Dee Gallo
05-21-2009, 8:03 PM
Great job! Perfect balance of detail and contrast. Although you can't go wrong with Frank's cats - they are spectacular.

Always a pleasure to see excellent artwork here!

:D dee

Michael Kowalczyk
05-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Hey James,
Nice job with Franks art. Hopefully Frank will post the original here and then we can do some real time comparisons with different media also. I would think that the size you engraved could be done in around 15-20 minutes or less and of coarse that all depends on the DPI.
What do you think Frank?

Belinda Barfield
05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
How did I miss the fact that Frank has this spectacular talent for drawing? You people never cease to amaze me with your skills. I'd go engrave a straight line, but I can't even draw one of those. :(

Lovely work Frank and James!

Daniel Muller
05-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I think Frank should cut off his ear and send it to his girlfriend!:) I have seen a few of his drawings and wish I had that talent.

On another Frank note, I can't express enough thanks for him helping me get some historical pictures (date as far back as 1892) dialed in. He gave me enough info that I was able to produce 15 historial photos on 24 x 18 anodized aluminum that are going to be hung downtown on buildings. Once I have a chance to breath I will post a few pics of them

THANKS FRANK

Steve Eide
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Input: Great
Output: Great