PDA

View Full Version : Jet JJ-6CS 6" Jointer

Todd Young
05-21-2009, 9:51 AM
I've never owned a jointer before but saw this one on Craig's list new in the boxes for $500. Sounds like a good deal as from what I can see they run about $650 or so new w/o the stand. I've looked at a few reviews (even though some reviews are a few years old) and it seemed to get good reviews.

Anyone using one now and is it a good fit for a first jointer at that price?

Anything specific I should look at when I check it out?

Dave Sweeney
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I've had one for a couple of years now and can't say anything negative as far as its performance is concerned. Assembly was a breeze and I especially like the hand wheels for adjusting the infeed/outfeed table height over the lever style on some other jointers. The fit and finish are also above average IMO.

Todd Young
05-21-2009, 7:56 PM
Thanks for the input Dave. I had planned to look at it this evening, and it was sold about 3 hours before I could get there after work.

Alan Zenreich
05-21-2009, 8:28 PM
If you run across one again, keep in mind that there's a difference between the CS (an older model) and the current CSX.

There are several changes to the fence and adjusting mechanisms. I bought a 10 year old CS (with some rust, but that cleaned up ok, and I changed the blades) for $175

travis howe
05-21-2009, 8:35 PM
Hey Todd, I have a nearly new csx that I'm selling. There is someone coming to look at it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it's not sold.

Travis
Frederick,CO

Todd Young
05-21-2009, 8:45 PM
Travis, sounds good. If you don't sell it, shoot me a message back. Is that your listing on CL for the 6" Jet in Frederick / Firestone? I'm in Centennial, CO so I'm not too far from Frederick.

Myk Rian
05-21-2009, 9:34 PM
I bought a csx (blue) for $300 last year and feel I got a good deal. It is in great condition. Keep looking.

Dave Lehnert
05-21-2009, 10:39 PM
WOW have they gone up in price.

Got my JET about 10 years ago for $450.

travis howe
05-22-2009, 9:51 AM
Yep, that's me Todd. Guy is planned to be here around noon. I'll let ya know if there is a no show.