PDA

View Full Version : Inline Attachments

Greg Crawford
05-21-2009, 8:40 AM
In the past, I've learned a great deal from some great tutorials. Most of these included full size inline images with the text, which made understanding the process much easier. Now, only thumbnails can be placed inline.

I understand bandwidth, and can see where that can become an issue. However, I think it's a real disservice to the members of SMC to no longer have the option of seeing the full picture along with the caption. I can't even imagine going through some of Bob Smalser's tutorials about handsaws and having to open each picture, either in the same window and having to go back and forth, or in a new window and trying to fit both the picture and the thread on my screen.

SMC is a great tool with a generous community of users. Please, at least make a full size inline image an option.

glenn bradley
05-21-2009, 10:31 AM
I prefer the thumbnails as primarily I am reading about the technique. I then expand the pic for a moment to act as a visual aid and them move on with the tutorial. It is interesting how different people absorb new information. It'll be fun to hear from others on this.

BTW, you can expand the pic, right click on it and open it in a new window and refer back to the large version whenever you like. You could also save it if you wanted to.