PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 5625 Router Near Philadelphia

John Smithy
05-21-2009, 8:33 AM
I'm trying to buy a new router for my router table, and have decided on the Milwaukee 5625, as it has the capability to be adjusted from above the table, and there are also lots of router lifts that fit it if I decide that I want one in the future.

The only problem now is that I can't seem to find a store that has one that I could go look at, and while normally I'd be happy to buy one online, I'd really like to go look at one first and see how I like it, as well as be able to easily return it if I end up not liking it. I talked to Milwaukee CS and they weren't any help at all, basically saying they have no idea who carries their products.

So does anyone know of a store that carries this in the Philly/NJ area?

Jeffrey Makiel
05-21-2009, 9:54 AM
Perhaps Woodcraft can help you. There is a store at the base of the Delaware Memorial Bridge on the Delaware side, and another one in the Allentown PA area. It may be a bit of a ride for you though.

Unfortunately, all the Woodworkers Warehouse stores are long gone. There use to be a location in NJ just on the other side of the Betsy Ross Bridge. Too bad nothing took its place.

-Jeff :)

glenn bradley
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I have used Milwaukee routers for quite awhile and would have trouble buying anything else now. I wouldn't worry about getting your hands on one; for me they're a cut above anything I have come in contact with. Having said that, there are a lot of very nice routers out there. Soft start is important to some folks, others will give that up for better dust collection, etc. We all like different features.

I have a 5625 in the table, a 5615 in a plunge body for my mortising work and a 5616 for other hand work and I use it with other bodies. Milwaukee calls these "production style" bodies which as far as I can tell means "snow blower". The only thing I would think someone may not like is that dust collection is sort of an after thought (but their adapter does a better than average job.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I also bought mine online but, had used the others for awhile and knew what to expect.

John Stevens
05-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I've never gone inside this store, but have driven past it a few times:

Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation
800 Park Way
Broomall, PA 19008
(610) 544-7413‎
(610) 544-5518‎
(800) 823-3016‎ - Toll Free

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John

chris dub
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
If you cant find one order from Amazon. They ship for free and if you dont like it they handle retruns really well. Just print the label and they will set up a package pick-up and just come get it. Usually for no charge.

Dick Mahany
05-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm trying to buy a new router for my router table, and have decided on the Milwaukee 5625, as it has the capability to be adjusted from above the table, and there are also lots of router lifts that fit it if I decide that I want one in the future.

The only problem now is that I can't seem to find a store that has one that I could go look at, and while normally I'd be happy to buy one online, I'd really like to go look at one first and see how I like it, as well as be able to easily return it if I end up not liking it. I talked to Milwaukee CS and they weren't any help at all, basically saying they have no idea who carries their products.

So does anyone know of a store that carries this in the Philly/NJ area?

John,

I put this router in a table and couldn't be happier pics are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/dmshopshots/RouterTable#

The big Milwaukee is unlike any other I have used and I think it is FANTASTIC

I got the router from Tool Up on the Web and had an excellent experience / transaction. I have NO AFFILIATION with these guys, but they delivered fast and cost effectively. Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Dick

John Smithy
05-22-2009, 8:30 AM
John, Thanks I'll swing by that Milwaukee place at lunch, I'm not sure if they do sales or just service, but its close enough to where I work that I don't mind taking a look.

Dick, thats a mighty nice router table, looks oddly similar to mine, as if we got the plans from the same yankee ;)... course I still haven't finished all the drawers on mine. I noticed you had the woodpecker lift, I was planning on just mounting the router to the underside of the table and not bothering with a lift, since the Milwakuee has above the table router adjustmetns. Are you happy you bought the lift, or do you think you could have gotten by without it?

Dick Mahany
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
John, Thanks I'll swing by that Milwaukee place at lunch, I'm not sure if they do sales or just service, but its close enough to where I work that I don't mind taking a look.

Dick, thats a mighty nice router table, looks oddly similar to mine, as if we got the plans from the same yankee ;)... course I still haven't finished all the drawers on mine. I noticed you had the woodpecker lift, I was planning on just mounting the router to the underside of the table and not bothering with a lift, since the Milwakuee has above the table router adjustmetns. Are you happy you bought the lift, or do you think you could have gotten by without it?

John,

I really like the PRLv2 lift, however, I think the router would be fine without it. Either way, I don't think you cn go wrong with the MW.

Best of luck with whatever you decide..

John Smithy
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Well I went to the Milwaukee Tool store that John suggested, and unfortautnly its not there any more. You can see the faded place on the storefront where the sign used to be, but no more Milwaukee.

I find it astonishing that there is no store in an area of a couple million people that carriers Milwaukee routers. I think I may end up buying a PC or Dewalt one instead.

glenn bradley
05-22-2009, 2:20 PM
I'll chime in with Dick. I ran the 5625 with the above the table wrench for quite awhile. It was very functional. Woodpecker had a sale on the PRL right before the PRL2 came out. I couldn't resist. Great lift.

John Stevens
05-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Sorry for the bum steer, John. That is odd that you can't find a retail seller around here.

Regards,

John

John Smithy
05-26-2009, 2:07 PM
Well it appears the Milwaukee factory store/repair place just moved from Broomall to Springfield, so I headed over there today. Sadly though they didn't have one, and said that its backordered from the factory too, so it would be awhile before they could even get one.

I guess I'm just going to get the Dewalt 618 and put it in a Jessem Lift instead.