PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DW 625 router?

dennis thompson
05-21-2009, 6:42 AM
Any opinions on this router, I'm looking for one to put permanently in my router table & there is one on Craigslist for $50. Seems like a good price?
Thanks
Dennis

Joe Scharle
05-21-2009, 7:43 AM
Great plunger, but no dust collection. I keep mine mounted in my Woodrat.

Sean Nagle
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Excellent router. I have used mine in my router table for over fifteen years. If I were to replace it, I would sure consider buying another one over what is available today.

Danny Hellyar
05-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I've used this router in my router table for the last 15 years or so myself and it's probably the most accurate, well made router on the market still today. I recently changed out this router for a Porter Cable 7519, mounted in a Jessem router lift. I bought this router at an auction for $80.00. The Dewalt is still the better made router, but it has limitations in it's depth adjustment when mounted on a table, which can be partially overcome with the purchase of extender bit adapters available on the market. You'll still have to remove the router every time you want to change the bit though. Unless this router is completely thrashed you'd be a fool not to buy it at that price, even if you don't use it in your router table

Richard McComas
05-21-2009, 1:41 PM
Enough said.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/rmccomas0043/Dewalt.jpg