PDA

View Full Version : A little video of our Saturday AM bass float

Fred Voorhees
05-20-2009, 9:08 PM
A number of times a season, myself and various fishing buddies float down the Delaware River fishing for bass. We put in at Phillipsburg,NJ and float anywhere from 4 to 6 hours, depending upon the current. We end our floats in Reigelsville,NJ. We got our first float in this past weekend on Saturday morning. The river was a bit high and it had a drastic effect on the fishing, but this one was more of an exploratory expedition to simply check things out. The record for our floats is one day myself and another buddy (Larry in this video) floated and caught 105 bass between the two of us. I brought my camera along simply to take pictures, but I fooled around with the camera and took video clips to bring home and play with the Windows Movie Maker program on my computer. This particular float went for 5 1/2 hours. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMsaaCqStoQ

Jim Kountz
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Im getting ready to do our annual Memorial day camp out where we do a good bit of fishing too on the South Branch of the Potomac. We camp right at the mouth of the "Trough" as they call it. Some great small mouth to be had there. Maybe we can trade off Fred, you give me the tour of the Delaware and I'll take you down the Potomac, deal??

Fred Voorhees
05-21-2009, 8:10 PM
Im getting ready to do our annual Memorial day camp out where we do a good bit of fishing too on the South Branch of the Potomac. We camp right at the mouth of the "Trough" as they call it. Some great small mouth to be had there. Maybe we can trade off Fred, you give me the tour of the Delaware and I'll take you down the Potomac, deal??

Sounds like a plan..........for some day.:)

Dave Verstraete
05-22-2009, 8:01 AM
Or maybe we could spend a day on the Detroit River.

Chuck Durst
05-22-2009, 8:37 AM
What a great looking place to fish. I live about 1 mile from Lake Erie and some of the best Walleye and smallmouth bass fishing on a lake, but spend my summer fishing walking some of the small rivers catching the bass that way. Fishing on the lake is boring nothing to see but water.
Fred,I didn't see anybody else in the video. When I fish some of the rivers its the same for me, I can spend all day fishing and not see anybody else. Makes me long for a day on the river.

Chuck

Fred Voorhees
05-22-2009, 8:16 PM
What a great looking place to fish. I live about 1 mile from Lake Erie and some of the best Walleye and smallmouth bass fishing on a lake, but spend my summer fishing walking some of the small rivers catching the bass that way. Fishing on the lake is boring nothing to see but water.
Fred,I didn't see anybody else in the video. When I fish some of the rivers its the same for me, I can spend all day fishing and not see anybody else. Makes me long for a day on the river.

Chuck

Chuck, obviously in the video you do see two other guys (and their dog) in another boat fishing. There were also a number of guys fishing from shore along the way. During our float, we were also overtaken by a floatilla of canoes and kayaks. It is still a bit early here right now and the water is still somewhat cold. When it warms up, there will also be people camping in certain spots for the weekend, people swimming, etc. It really is a pretty nice stretch of the river that we fish. As I have told numerous people....it is a relaxing time for the mind and a chance to recharge the batteries. I may be going again next week or the week after with a co-worker who has asked me about the float and taking him and his son for a trip down the river.