PDA

View Full Version : WOOD working bandsaw

Kyle Kraft
05-20-2009, 12:16 PM
You gotta check this out!!! I about died laughing when I saw this.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/tls/1176000741.html

Mods, if this violates any statutes, I apologize.

Tom Leasure
05-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Now that's a Redneck band saw - I think Larry the cable guy has one !!

Rob Russell
05-20-2009, 1:04 PM
I wood suggest uploading those pictures as attachments, otherwise this post will become meaningless as soon as that CL listing goes away.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-20-2009, 1:07 PM
At one time...there were actually plans and kits IIRC available to make these minus the plywood. A woodworker I know suggested I buy the unassembled kit from him as he had not assembled it yet. He had inherited a b/s from a family member.

Loren Hedahl
05-20-2009, 1:24 PM
That looks like a Gilliom kit bandsaw from Gilliom Manufacturing Inc. St. Charles, MO. They also had table saw kits, shaper kits, large belt sander kits, etc. When I was a kid, there were several boat building shops on my paper route. Most of their tooling was from Gilliom or completely shop built. Their shops didn't look like much, but they put out some nice looking boats.

I often wonder what they might have produced had they had some of the equipment available then that I now have in my little garage shop.

John Coloccia
05-20-2009, 1:51 PM
LOL...it can build copies of itself. Has the making of a horror movie.

"August 29, 2015: BandsawNet becomes self aware...."

Marty Paulus
05-20-2009, 2:25 PM
I apologize up front but did anyone else find the email and location just a little funny or do I just have a really warped sense of humor?