PDA

View Full Version : 1 Touch Testing

Steve Chalmers
05-19-2009, 7:52 PM
I've been playing with this software for four or five days now, and there are some things that really jump out as being outstanding, and others that say not so much.

It's incredibly easy to use. . .very fast. . .and for those that have had difficulties in producing quality photos on marble, leather, or even acrylic, this piece of software will get you started down the right path. For those that have established their own method for working with photos, I don't see this replacing your current method.

I've attached a photo of a piece of absolute black marble with two engravings on it. The statue on the left was done using my own method. . .the one on the right was done using 1 Touch. I believe the 1 Touch engraving could have used a bit more power, but when you do that they show a very high level of contrast. For some folks that would be a preference. . .and others not so much.

The photo is as it was shot. . .no sharpening or any other adjusments. . .just resizing to post here. . .and as always, the photo does not do justice to the actual piece.

Steve

Scott Shepherd
05-19-2009, 8:23 PM
Not sure of your method, but whatever you are doing, keep it up. That one on the left is outstanding. One on the right is okay, but I would have expected more shading on the marble. Almost looks like a setting better suited for granite, but I know there's no granite setting in that thing yet.

Dan Hintz
05-19-2009, 9:15 PM
Yeah, the second one is in need of some serious brightness enhancement and a bit more contrast enhancement.