PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of them there days.....

Dennis Peacock
08-13-2004, 11:10 AM
when the boss comes at ya with a temper that would fry and egg and ask you why did you say......such-n-such? You begin thinking to yourself and you don't every remember sayin' any such a thang. So you get your butt chewed on fer a bit and then the boss walks away. Sometimes I wonder where these things come from or who is saying I said what I said. :mad: :confused:

Chris Padilla
08-13-2004, 11:19 AM
I just chew right back if I feel I'm right or have been wrongly accused. No one deserves to be treated that way...I wouldn't stand fer it! :mad:

T.G.I.F., Dennis? :D

Chuck Wintle
08-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Yes I have experienced those days and its not pleasant. Once had a another employee(not my boss) do the nasty snarly to me. Once he realized that I was not losing my cool he took off. He was looking for a fight with someone and I was not biting.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Dennis, what I would do is ask the Boss Man who said that I said such-and-such. If the Boss then says "I can't say",then I would reply "Well, I will just assume that you are not telling me the truth then." That seems to get them everytime. If they have credible information from another party, then you should be afforded the right to confront that party for a chance at rebuttal. Don't ya hate that crap? It steams me to NO END. The other alternative is to just punch the Boss in the back of the head.....................it does the required damage to get yer point across, and it don't show! :D

Wes Bischel
08-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Dennis,

Sorry to hear about the boss' blow-up. Sounds like he needs to take a good management course. (the fact that he came at you with both barrels) When he calms down and has a moment, I would stop by and ask to talk to him about the "who said what to whom". It sounds like he might have flown off the handle without thinking.

Hope the rest of the day is better.

Wes

Terry Quiram
08-13-2004, 6:56 PM
The factory manager was in my face a couple of months ago about something trivial. When he paused for a breath I got real close and in a soft voice said "you can't be talking to ME in that tone of voice" and turned around and walked away. I am told he stood there and babbled for a while before storming away. I do not abide with jerks, pin heads or ignoramous SOB's! Smile Dennis there is BBQ just around the corner. :D Still don't know if we are coming.

Terry

Tyler Howell
08-13-2004, 7:24 PM
My boss will be flossing butt out of his teeth for a week after the chewing I got. :( The nice thing about it is he had to get up infront of everybody and remove both feet from his mouth. The truth often comes out and the foolish look more so. Hang in there bud.;)

Wonder How My butt tastes with his toe jam??:p

Dennis Peacock
08-13-2004, 7:27 PM
The factory manager was in my face a couple of months ago about something trivial. When he paused for a breath I got real close and in a soft voice said "you can't be talking to ME in that tone of voice" and turned around and walked away. I am told he stood there and babbled for a while before storming away. I do not abide with jerks, pin heads or ignoramous SOB's! Smile Dennis there is BBQ just around the corner. :D Still don't know if we are coming.

Terry

Terry,

I here ya buddy.......I'm one of those people that "if you gotta problem with me, then come and talk to me"....just don't talk "about" me.!!! ;)

I sure hope you and Connie can make the BBQ.!!!! I look forward to ya'll coming and this time the LOML and kids will be there to visit as well. Well, at least I think they are right now.

I do my best to confront folks that are at odds with me. Can't work it out if I don't know what it's all about. :rolleyes:

Spence DePauw
08-13-2004, 8:27 PM
Hey, Terry, I see the manufacturing personality type hasn't disappeared from our mutual world yet. BTW, are you coming to WW club next week? I've got something for you... :D

Terry Quiram
08-14-2004, 8:20 AM
Spence

I think they clone a couple of the old "shop bull mentality" types and keep them in a filing cabinet and bring them out when office gossip gets a little slow. :D Yes I am planning on attending the meeting. See you Wednesday.

Terry