PDA

View Full Version : Said Goodbye to a Friend

Rob Cunningham
05-19-2009, 11:55 AM
My wife was looking through the paper Friday evening and saw an obituary for a friend of mine. Steve and I worked together in several tool shops over the years. As my family grew and Steve got married and moved out of the area, we kind of lost touch with each other.
We went to the viewing Sunday evening. We were greeted by his father and two brothers in the receiving line. Next in line was his wife who I had only met once while they were still dating and she didn't remember me . When I introduced my self and my wife, she threw her arms around me, crying uncontrollably, and thanked me for coming. She said Steve talked about me often. I feel bad for not trying harder to stay in touch with Steve as he was a good guy. Yesterday at work was very difficult. I spent most of the day remembering fun times Steve and I had working together.
The only good news from this is that he did not suffer. He fell and banged his head and passed away at the hospital. Devastating for his family, but I am thankful that he did not have to go through a long and painful illness. Steve was 40 years old.
I write this to ask for prayers for Steve's family, especially for his wife, who is so distraught with grief.
Thank you in advance.

Belinda Barfield
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Consider it done Rob. My condolences to you and all who knew and loved him.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Rob...My thoughts and prayers to you, his family and his other friends. Friends and family are the most important things in life IMHO.

Ron Jones near Indy
05-19-2009, 12:16 PM
You and Steve's family are in my prayers.

Steve Schlumpf
05-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Rob,

My sincere condolences for your loss! Thoughts and prayers have been sent!

Frank Guerin
05-21-2009, 6:54 PM
My thoughts and condolences to you also.
I on occasion see someones name in the obituary that I use to work for. I'm sorry to say that there name would probably not come up in my memeory untill I read of there passing. I'm Sure the same will happen to me.
It is unfortunate that the society we live in today usually pays homage to the deceased by remembering them from the papers obituary. For those that do take the time to pay there last respects I solute you.

Mike Cutler
05-21-2009, 8:04 PM
She's in our thoughts Rob.

Only 40 years old, what a shame.:(

Jim Kountz
05-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Always difficult and especially when so young. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.