PDA

View Full Version : Life is Good!!

Joe Tonich
08-13-2004, 8:45 AM
8:30am, sausage gravy on the stove, skillet cornbread just coming out of the oven, off work today. Life is GOOD!! Maybe I'll take the boys fishing when they wake up (If they want to go. :rolleyes: ) :D

Joe

Dick Parr
08-13-2004, 8:59 AM
You should be in the shop turning Joe. :D

Greg Heppeard
08-13-2004, 9:18 AM
Some pan fried blue gill would be great for breakfast.

Tyler Howell
08-13-2004, 9:23 AM
Greg,

You ain't lived till you do the shore lunch with fresh Minnesota Walleye.:D
Joe can you hook us up?;)

Greg Heppeard
08-13-2004, 9:32 AM
Tyler---
STOP... I gotta go to my shop today and this droolin isn't going to make it. Too much cast iron in there for all this humidity. I'm originally from Ohio and they just don't make the fishin like that down here.

Steven Wilson
08-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Greg,

Although doing a shore lunch with a 34" pike isn't too bad either. In fact it's soooo good that my wife is making me go out today and buy a Lund Fisherman (17' or 18' haven't decided).

Greg Heppeard
08-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Hmmmmmm, Hey Tyler, I smell an off topic gloat coming....better have pics huh?

Chris Padilla
08-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Just don't confuse a walleye with a sauger!!! :p ;) :D

Joe Tonich
08-13-2004, 1:27 PM
Greg,

Tyler,

Nuthin better than a good Lake Erie Yellow Perch dinner, fried in a cast iron skillet, over a campfire. Walleye is my second choice. Going to the Islands next weekend camping, hopefully something will be biting! :D I don't have a boat so it will be shoreline fishing for us.

Bluegill for breakfast. Brings back memories of camping w/Dad back when I was young. :D He used to fry up the best Bluegill around, pulled right off the bones. There was never any left over! Sure miss the guy. :(

Joe

Tyler Howell
08-13-2004, 1:39 PM
Although doing a shore lunch with a 34" pike isn't too bad either. In fact it's soooo good that my wife is making me go out today and buy a Lund Fisherman (17' or 18' haven't decided).
Foul! Foul! stealth gloat, Ten yard penalty.:D

Steven Wilson
08-13-2004, 3:25 PM
Foul! Foul! stealth gloat, Ten yard penalty.:D
But alas I didn't pull the trigger. The guy wouldn't negotiate with my wife on price, which was a good price. Not negotiating on price, even a small amount, does not impress an Asian - so the checkbook stayed tucked away.

Greg Heppeard
08-13-2004, 4:12 PM
Tyler,

Nuthin better than a good Lake Erie Yellow Perch dinner, fried in a cast iron skillet, over a campfire. Walleye is my second choice. Going to the Islands next weekend camping, hopefully something will be biting! :D I don't have a boat so it will be shoreline fishing for us.

Bluegill for breakfast. Brings back memories of camping w/Dad back when I was young. :D He used to fry up the best Bluegill around, pulled right off the bones. There was never any left over! Sure miss the guy. :(

Joe

I tried to call my dad a couple of weeks ago to wish him a happy birthday...he was up at Crooked lake, fishin with my brother. I know they was eatin good. I gotta plan on going home next summer to do some of that. I miss it too. I'm trying to remember when I got too old and busy to do that kind of stuff. It's been over 5 years since I went fishin with Pappy. :(