PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 22124 value

Michael Roland
05-18-2009, 1:54 PM
I am considering selling my 22124 and picking up a Unisaw. The saw is stock with two exceptions. I installed a second cast iron extension on the right hand side to replace the partical board extension table. I also have it on a Delta mobile base with the extension to sup[port the table.

I was thinking of asking $600.00. Does that sound like a reasonable asking price?

Thanks
Michael

Craig Nickles
05-18-2009, 2:05 PM
It is worth no more or less than you can get somone to pay for it. With that being said, I wouldnt pay you anything over that. (I am a former craftsman ts owner, and now have a Delta Uni). You can usually find a used Uni for about that price around my part of the country. it would need to be refurbished but well worth the work.

Chris Kennedy
05-18-2009, 2:12 PM
It doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I paid 900 for my zip code, and the current Steel City version is running close to 1100 brand new these days.

Cheers,

Chris

glenn bradley
05-18-2009, 2:51 PM
Since the fence is worth more than half of that, I would say it is a very good price for the saw if it is in good working order. Out of curiosity, what about it does not meet your needs?

scott spencer
05-18-2009, 2:57 PM
Mine sold for $600 with a router table, ZCI, and 2 blades....no mobile base. Had 3 hits in the first 24 hours. $600 for what you described sounds pretty good to me....guess it all depends on who's looking at the moment. Good luck.

Dan T Jones
05-18-2009, 4:49 PM
I sold mine for 600 with a mobile base.

It is a very good saw.

Michael Roland
05-18-2009, 5:41 PM
Out of curiosity, what about it does not meet your needs?

I am not selling because the saw has not met my needs. I am relocating from NJ to VA and thought I might consider selling my 22124. I have a line on a used Unisaw in VA so selling the zip code would save me the shipping cost and give me some cash to apply towards a replacement.

Thank you all for your input.

glenn bradley
05-18-2009, 5:47 PM
I am not selling because the saw has not met my needs. I am relocating from NJ to VA and thought I might consider selling my 22124. I have a line on a used Unisaw in VA so selling the zip code would save me the shipping cost and give me some cash to apply towards a replacement.

Thank you all for your input.

Ah, you are a man who researches his options and chooses wisely:D. If I could do that deal in your situation, I would sure do it.