PDA

View Full Version : driving me crazy

rodger d cooley
05-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi all, I have been tring to send art from berry basket pdf files from corel to my uls print driver. The file looks and behaves like a vector file in corel but end up in the uls driver as a bitmap. Sometimes part of an ungrouped item transfers as vector and the rest of the groupes are bitmap. I have even converted the pdf vector in corel to a bitmap and did a trace to obtain a new vector only to have the new vector transfer as a bitmap. grrrrrrr. and body have a clue wats going on here?

Bill Cunningham
05-19-2009, 9:19 PM
If you are raster engraving a image, it will come out the end at the laser as a bitmap. A vector image (colors, objects.. etc..) will raster after converting to a bitmap (which rasters) a vector file 'format' is usually chosen because it can be resized/shaped and still maintain smooth edges without the 'jaggies' seen in resizing bitmaps. Also vector images do not have a 'resolution' and engrave what ever Res. you output them at. Vector 'hairlines' are chosen when something must cut.. A laser will cut vector hairlines, and raster everything else.

John Volkmar
05-20-2009, 7:31 AM
One other thing to check, is your line width .001", or Hairline.