PDA

View Full Version : Making New Windows Open Up As Full Screen

Peter Meacham
05-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Does anyone have a fix for making new windows open up in full screen mode - somehow some of my windows started opening up in half or smaller sized screens.

Hope I have asked the question clearly.

Thanks

glenn bradley
05-17-2009, 10:50 AM
You do not say which browser you are using. Firefox will open in the last state (window size) it was exited from. It retains the previous state if you close it without exiting (click the red X instead of using exit). If you are using a shortcut, right click it, select properties and change "run" option from New Window to Maximized. HTH

Brad Wood
05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
browser or just another window, like "my computer"? suppose it doesn't matter they should behave the same.

If you full screen the window, then close, then open, does it not then open full screen? Normal is that is opens based on previous state

If you are talking about a new browser window that opens when you click a link, I'm not sure what controls this. In Firefox the new window always opens a new tab. In IE it seems 50/50 on how it will behave, and I can't find a setting that opens the new window full screen (if I click a link in IE, it opens a new instance of IE and it is NOT full screen either)

Jeff Bratt
05-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Does anyone have a fix for making new windows open up in full screen mode - somehow some of my windows started opening up in half or smaller sized screens.

Hope I have asked the question clearly.

The answer depends on what computer you are running. If you are talking about Windows, then the shortcuts on your desktop or in the Start menu have a setting - right-click, then select Properties - that controls whether the program opens in a window or full-screen (or minimized). This setting can be over-ridden by the program itself, but this should do what you want at least some of the time.

Peter Meacham
05-17-2009, 1:24 PM
Thanks for the inputs. I am running a Windows NT and IE v7. I think I am OK now - the one window I was concerned about the most, a new window within a connection to my credit union, is OK. I pressed f11 to make it full screen when it opened as a small window in the corner of the screen. Then I closed it while it was full screen. Then when I reopened several times it was full screen.

Thanks