PDA

View Full Version : Easy Tools

Burt Alcantara
05-17-2009, 1:03 AM
I turned these bowls using only the Easy Rougher, Finisher and a 1/2" bowl gouge for shear scraping a bit of tear out. The shavings are a testament. No aches, no pains, lots of gains.

George Clark
05-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Bert,

Great tools aren't they! I recently made a froe club from a throughly dry bois d'arc limb. That stuff was harder than Chinese arithmetic. It knocked the edge off of every gouge I put to it rather quickly.:mad: Easy Rougher to the rescue.:D I rough shaped and finished the piece with the same Easy Rougher insert edge. I used my new Easy Finisher to clean up the inside curve. The finish certainly surpassed what was necessary for this tool.

George

Mark Norman
05-17-2009, 5:20 PM
Its way up there on my next tool to purchase list.

Gotta love carbide...Hard stuff!!

Gary Herrmann
05-17-2009, 5:44 PM
Burt what kind of surface are you getting with the easy finisher? Can you post a close up? I'm wondering about tearout.

Burt Alcantara
05-17-2009, 6:38 PM
Gary,
It depends on the wood. I've turned cedar, maple, oak, Kentucky Coffee, catalpa. All had tear out but I suspect that they would have had tear out regardless of the tools I used.

The pile of shaving you see in the picture were from the bowl in the pile. The only tool I used outside of the Easy tools was a 1/2" V bowl gouge for shear scraping. The finisher will give a very close shave but I don't have the feel for it yet.

I would not concern myself with tear out. These tools are fabulous. I am tremendously happy that I bought them.

BTW, I didn't hit the grinder once. Kinda forget it was there. Gee, what a shame.