PDA

View Full Version : Error While Trying To Print on LaserPro

Tom Phan
05-16-2009, 6:34 PM
I just got a LaserPro Spirit and installed the drivers and everything but when I try to print I get an error from windows stating "Spooler SubSystem App stopeed working and was closed". Anyone familiar with this problem? I googled and tried to fix but no luck for the past 3 hours.

George M. Perzel
05-16-2009, 6:39 PM
Hi Tom;
Seem to recall similar situation long ago with Laserpro Mercury. As I remember. shut down laser and computer. Reboot computer and then turn on laser-I think.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Tom Phan
05-16-2009, 6:50 PM
I've done that many times and still the same problem

Dave Johnson29
05-16-2009, 8:42 PM
I've done that many times and still the same problem

Tom the start up sequence might be important.

Shut both down and turn the laser on first. When it is stable then turn on the computer.

Go to Control Panel and select "Printers" is the laser defined as a printer? Is it the default? Right click and select Properties and then select the Port tab. Make sure it is assigned to the correct port.

Scott Challoner
05-16-2009, 9:00 PM
I've had this problem before too. I think I finally determined that the file size was too large. Try sending the same file over at 125dpi and see if it will run. If it runs, you can gradullay increase the dpi until you find one high enough for you.
You can manually start your print spooler by going to control panel, administrative tools, services. Double click on print spooler and then click the start button. That way, you don't have to keep shutting everything down.

Milazim Zeka
10-09-2009, 3:52 AM
Hi Guys, I have the same problem with my Spirit Ge laser, and i get the same message on both of my computers. i have restarted the machine, the computer, i have even reinstalled my computer with a new version of Windows, but i keep getting the same thing. i reinstalled the drivers all over again, but somehow it doesn't work.

TOM did you fix yours? if so what did you do?

Milazim Zeka
10-09-2009, 5:25 AM
Hi Scott, i seem to have that same problem as you had before, i can engrave at a maximum of 250DPI which is way too low for my operation since i have a lot of Photo Engraving and similar precise works which i do on a regular basis. Is there anything i can do to FIX this since this is happening only for the last 2 days now, before i could engrave ANY FILE SIZE with ANY DPI setting.

Looking forward to some response.

Rodne Gold
10-09-2009, 9:14 AM
Try reseat the RAM on your motherboard or do diagnostics on it , there are issues with big files , I think it has a max of 16 gig , 2x 8mb , you can swap em for biggert ram , like 2 x 16 mb , you need the right ram tho - wasnt a special ram so puter shops should have it

Try the usb port or the serial port , ie try the other port apart from the one you using

Check the cable to the Explorer as well , swap it out if its suspect
Under windows printer properties for the explorer check that you have the right port for the explorer and under advanced tab in the spool section check that "start printing immediately" is selected
If you reinstall GCC drivers you HAVE to delete the gunk it leaves behind. Uninstall does not get rid of everything
I cant remember what files they are , but they start with GL...

Go to jorlink.com under their laser support , http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=49
they have drivers and firmware etc.

Scott Challoner
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Milazim

I defer to Rodney who has much more experience than I do.:)
I never really found a solution, but I think upgrading the memory should help. I would also try sending files you have done in the past. If they still work, the problem may be file specific.

Sam Gardner
10-10-2009, 2:50 AM
I've had this same problem a few times and it was always down to a graphic in the file. Certain bitmaps would always cause the error and after i converted to vector the file lasered fine. funny thing though is that it happens to files that lasered OK before which brings me to Rodne's point of reseating RAM and cleaning the motherboard from dust. Will try this next time.

Darren Null
10-10-2009, 5:53 AM
I had the problem initially with my mercury. In the print options in control panel there's an option...can't remember the exact phrasing, but something like 'print directly to printer'. This skips the spooling; prints directly to the printer and -in my case- solved the problem 100%

Scott Challoner
10-11-2009, 9:55 PM
I had the problem initially with my mercury. In the print options in control panel there's an option...can't remember the exact phrasing, but something like 'print directly to printer'. This skips the spooling; prints directly to the printer and -in my case- solved the problem 100%

Is that the setting where you don't have to hit the start button, the laser starts as soon as the file is sent? I'm going to have to try that.

Darren Null
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I still have to hit the start button- your mileage may vary. This is a setting in the printer config to skip windows' print spooler and just send straight to the printer...instead of sending the file to the spooler which then dribbles the file to your printer.

The upside is that it works. For me.

The downside, is that you're limited to whatever memory your laser has on board. In my case a full-table 300dpi image (635x435cm) has to be sent in 2 chunks.

sunil jain
10-21-2009, 9:19 PM
the problem is due to virus. i also got the problem. reinstall xp then every thing is fine.

Milazim Zeka
10-22-2009, 5:21 AM
Hi Guys, Sorry i had not much time to get online again and post the solution.
When you go to Control Panel at Printers and Faxes, then you right click on the Printer (in this case your machine) to Properties, on the Advanced TAB usually by default you have the option active: Spool print Documents so programm finishes printing faster, what you do is just activate the option Print Directly to the Printer and this problem is solved.

Also in some cases i had the problem with some effects used in Corel draw that the machine didn't accept therefore it either crashed my Corel or the machine didn't accept the file at all.

David Vigneron
06-18-2010, 2:37 PM
Dear Mr Gardner,

I'm sending you this message from Belgium because we have a common friend, Laurence Lanckriet.
As you can understand, I'm taking contact with you for private purpose.

Could you please send me your personal e-mail address ?
This is mine : vignerondavid@hotmail.com (vignerondavid@hotmail.com)
I also give you my personal cellphone number : 00 32 479 32 84 30
You can also contact me by phone if you prefer or if you want to check that I'm real and that this message is not a kind of joke.

Thank you very much to enter in contact with me using the way you prefer (e-mail or telephone) as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

David Vigneron

Chuck Stone
06-18-2010, 5:35 PM
I think Rodney and Darrell hit it.. "Print Directly To The Printer" in the
printer's Properties tab. I never experienced that error, but the laser shouldn't
be using the print spooler.