PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collector Price

Thomas Marr
05-16-2009, 12:00 PM
I posted this question in Deals and Discounts but got no response. So, thought I'd ask here....

I found a commercial shop that was closing and had two dust collectors for sale, a never used ClearVue and a commercial Oneida. I bought the ClearVue for myself and the Oneida for my neighbor. However, my neighbor doesn't have the space right now, so I will sell the Oneida on Craig's List. I need a little help setting a fair price. It's a Oneida commercial unit with 12" impellor and 2 HP Leeson motor. It has a total of 8 filters (4 to use and 4 spare) and a plywood and metal stand (not shown in the picture). I heard the unit run but can't testify to the condition...so I will sell "as is." I know how hard these DC's are to find used and would like for another woodworker to get it at a good deal. What's a fair price?

Jim Becker
05-16-2009, 6:35 PM
That's an older 2hp Commercial, prior to the design I own which was the predecessor to the Super Gorilla. It is a kick-butt system, even at that age, however. If the motor is in fine condition, I'd say it could sell for probably in the range of $500-800, depending on the market with all the stuff. I sold an older 1.5hp component system (consumer version) for $400 with duct and filters in 2004 when I bought my 2hp commercial.

Joel Earl
05-16-2009, 7:13 PM
I imagine it depends as Jim says on location and market around you but here $400 would be fair and I doubt $500 would even generate a call. I passed on one last fall for $300 with near new filters,stand and some piping (not much tho). Notor had been replaced once already and was 2 years old (leeson).
Location location and location is dictating factor in pricing.

Jacob Mac
05-16-2009, 7:14 PM
I wish I could find something like that around where I live.

Allen Schmid
05-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Thomas,
You might start with the purchase price...what you paid...and add some for your time in gathering it all up and getting things together. The final price might be lower than you wish/think you could get but it might be a really good deal for someone out there looking to better his/her shop.
Wish I was close to you...have been looking and now just settling on purchasing new.
Allen