PDA

View Full Version : Question: Jet Wet Sharpening System

Eric Garner
05-15-2009, 9:51 PM
Just purchased a Jet 708015 Wet Sharpening System from Woodcraft. I have unpacked and assembled according to the instructions and included DVD. Problem is my leather strop wheel appears to wobble quite a bit. The grinding stone has zero wobble and appears dead on.

After removing the Leather wheel it appears that the drive wheel is a little warped.

Does anyone out here have a Jet Sharpening system? Did you have similar issues? The 20% off at Woodcraft helped, but this thing was still pretty darn expensive. I guess I expected zero wobble.

Cody Colston
05-16-2009, 7:43 AM
I won one in a "Freestuff Drawing" here. It works great and there is no wobble to either wheel.

Fred Hargis
05-16-2009, 7:46 AM
I had bought one last fall, and the strop has only a little out-of round movement, the stone also had just a slight amount which I trued up and solved. If yours has a bent shaft I think I would exchange it, although IIRC the Jet has a very long warranty.

Eric Garner
05-16-2009, 1:50 PM
The shaft appears to be true. I think it's the plastic drive wheel that's warped. The leather strop wheel attaches to the drive wheel. The plastic water basin is a little warped too. Wonder if the box was exposed to some excessive heat?

I'm going to call WHM on Monday and see if they can send me a new drive wheel and water basin.